Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Starting on Megasquirt ms3x questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 10:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting on Megasquirt ms3x questions

I have a 2000 ws6 im working on installing a homemade twin turbo setup and want to use megasquirt. Once i learn it i will be able to tune any of my own future projects regardless of what they are. This is why im using it against the stock ecu.

My question is. How do i go about getting base fuel and ignition maps? Playing around online i notice that i can set my spark mode to "ls1". Does this bring up a base map or is it a just a firing order setting?

I know that i can manually enter a table so if anyone has a base table thats willing to share that would be great appericated.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The fuel table the MS software can generate has worked well for us to start with.

The timing table is not all that hard to make yourself, if you are just going to be conservative.

I run staged injection so anything above 2 to 3 lbs boost on ve1 levels off on my tune, so above 2 lbs boost is going to need to be increased alot.

Also I run E85, so the timing will need to be a little less in boost. start by taking 5 degrees from what I have there.

Good Luck, and use these tables with some care and caution

Quick Reply: Starting on Megasquirt ms3x questions