PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fans wont turn on

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2004, 07:47 PM
screamin chicken

Default Fans wont turn on

Ok the car has been tore down for about a week, I installed a new cam, and mac mids.I double checked to make sure everything was connected.I cranked it and it was real low on water so I cut it off and the fans came on, I filled the radiator up and evry thing was fine, then water rush out of the radiator (cap off) so I refilled and rinsed the enginge bay down, then tried again and then the lower hose came undone, finally fixed everything and drove it about 15 miles no problem, today I drive it about the same distant and leave it idle for a second to open the garage (same as yesterday even at a longer idle) and then when I turn it off I hear water filling the over flow and running down the car, Now my fans are not working and my temp. is staying around 200 which is good but the fans not running isn't, I also took the egr, and air pump out, this is a 2000 Ws6, and no tune yet.....oh and I checked all the fan fuses, but don't know how to check the relays....
Old 03-25-2004, 10:24 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Stock settins is 226 on, 214 off so 200 degree temp is
below threshold. If it's puking while running there's
something wrong. I reset my programming lately and
after a bit of driving mine was puking in the bag. But
not overflowing. Get the fans programmed down
sensible and maybe it'll be OK. If it's coming out the
overflow only when stopped, it's just too damn hot
for football.
Old 03-26-2004, 12:31 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

going into the overflow, is the cap on tight?? Can you have the radiator cap tested to see if it will hold 15-16psi??? Just a few simple things to check. As far as fans coming on, unless you have them programmed on earlier, they wont come on yet.

Clint
Old 03-26-2004, 03:50 AM
screamin chicken

Thanks for the info that releves me, the temp isnt going past the 210 mark so I well get it tuned to where the fans come on sooner....