Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SES light after MAF, high flow air cap, K&N

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2004, 02:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SES light after MAF, high flow air cap, K&N

I just put a new SLP 85mm MAF, the SLP high flow air box, and a K&N filter. I get a service engine soon (SES) light. How can I clear the PCM to not show this?
Old 03-26-2004, 03:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well... i would get it scanned first to find out what the code is... but to clear it

either disconnect the battery and leave it like that overnight (actually takes like 10 mins I think but easier to just leave it discon overnight)

or w/the key in the run position remove the PCM Ign and PCM Bat fuses from under the hood, wait like 30 seconds , turn the key off and back on (this may not be required, but I always do it) and then put the PCM Ign fuse back in then the PCM Bat fuse.

Car will stumble at first cause it has to relearn how to idle... if the SES light comes back on then its definetly a problem... My guess would be PO102 (low maf frequency or something like that) or something similar... autozone can scan the code... or if you want to venture down to the FLP dyno day (ubb.mfba.org under events) in naperville I'll most likely have my autotap with me.
Old 03-26-2004, 09:36 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

K&N filter baaddd....

SLP MAF should not set codes, but if it was a plain
Delphi by mistake, it would give you a fault about
something too rich.