Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help - Knock sensor, retard, recorded w/ Livedata

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 11:22 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help - Knock sensor, retard, recorded w/ Livedata

Posting this over here now to try and get some help.. The car is a 97 z28 M6 - Ever since I pulled the knock sensor on the passenger side to flush my coolant, it's felt like the car has been slower. I have a Innova 3130 Scan Tool, which does enhanced DTC's and Livedata used to try and figure this out.

It doesn't throw the SES code, and doesn't come up as a primary code on the scanner. It only shows up under "enhanced DTC's" under current DTC, history, and Fail since clear.

The code is KNOCK SENSOR 2 CIRCUIT LOW INPUT (BANK 2).

I installed a brand new knock sensor which hasn't helped, and I made sure the connector was on night and tight, and also tried some dielectric grease. No changes.

In Livedata I did a recording which shows Spark advance at 22-24 under WOT... LTFT B1 % was 1.5-2.3 when all the others were 0.0, MAF was reading 25-28 lb/min. These readings were consistent frame-to-frame on a 0-80 WOT pull 1-3 gears all through the RPMS the readings were right around what I put.

I'm not too familiar with data logging so please forgive me, I'm not sure what readings are critical and what normal tolerances for everything should be.. My scanner in Livedata shows a decent amount of info - MAP, MAF, IAT, ECT, 02 voltage/readings, CALC LOAD, STFT/LTFT (fuel trim), spark advance, TPS, and some others.

Just trying to learn a bit more so I can use it with confidence, and trying to figure out my problem and get some help to see if these readings are out of whack.. just want to know what to look for and what the problem is

Any help is greatly GREATLY appreciated!!!