Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bone Stock 2003 zo6 - 96% duty cycle

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 09:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 469 Likes on 302 Posts

Default Bone Stock 2003 zo6 - 96% duty cycle

I have a 100% stock zo6 corvette with the 405 horse ls6.

I data logged it and I saw a peak duty cycle of 96% out of the injectors.

I replaced the o2 sensors and on a different day the injectors still peak at 93%.

Any input would be greatly appreciated! This doesn't seem right to me.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:43 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bone stock components but has anybody fiddled with the tune ? tune could be dumping fuel. at wot it will be in open loop so 02 sensors shouldnt have any bearing on it...

if its not getting enough supply on the other hand how long since fuel filter replacement ? I would throw a GM one on there or one genrally accepted to outflow the oem one as you know it will flow enogh that it didnt max injectors when they developed the car.

then you would have to be looking at the pump or gunked up injectors , maybe run a bottle of injector cleaner through it?
Old 02-24-2013, 09:28 AM
9-Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Or going into COT mode. Let the car sit a couple hours, then immediately go log a WOT blast to see if it does it again. Be aware, scan tools seldom give you the actual duty cycle. I have tested many with a digital storage 'scope, and most always actually measures, at the injector, as high as scan tools indicate. What you see on the scan tool is just a calculation. That info about it only being a calculation came from an engineer at a GM Training Center. Not some Internet message board.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 469 Likes on 302 Posts

Thanks guys. I'm logging with hptuners. I am positive that it hasn't been messed with (even by me accidentally).

I'll run to Napa today and grab a fuel filter. The first thing I did was measure fuel pressure at the rail, but I couldn't do it under load. It had 58psi constant on the gauge.

Good point about wot being open loop. My fuel trims were 10-12% off long term on my first log before changing the o2s. I thought maybe it could be reading falsely lean and adding fuel.

Quick Reply: Bone Stock 2003 zo6 - 96% duty cycle