PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service vechicle light used Searched...

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 10:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service vechicle light used Searched...

Well today I used my car for work and on the drive home being that its 100 plus here in south texas the service vechicle light came on a little after I turned on my AC.. I don't have a tech 2 to scanner or anyone who could scan it for me.

But I figure it might be my slp pulley causing the issue when I turn on my AC..
I don't have the over drive alt pulley to go with crank pulley. Just wondering if the low voltage due to AC could cause the SV light to come on?

I did press the trip reset before the light came on as well, and when I got home I turned the key forward and pumped the gas three times before I turned it on and the service vechicle light did not turn back on.

any advice is welcomed...
Old 08-08-2013, 04:43 AM
TECH Addict

Any advance auto or autozone will scan it for free, you can even get a Bluetooth scanner for your phone for about $10 to read codes. You can guess all you want but if it pops back up knowing the code will help a lot.

Both times my alternator died in my car I got the check gages light but no ses light right then. One time I got a generator circuit code about a week beforehand though, but that alternator had been through a very very deep puddle
Old 08-08-2013, 09:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by therealcreeper
Any advance auto or autozone will scan it for free, you can even get a Bluetooth scanner for your phone for about $10 to read codes. You can guess all you want but if it pops back up knowing the code will help a lot.

Both times my alternator died in my car I got the check gages light but no ses light right then. One time I got a generator circuit code about a week beforehand though, but that alternator had been through a very very deep puddle
I know the auto stores scan for the ses light but none of them use the tech 2 scanner to check codes for serivce vechicle will at least the ones from my town don't have them
Old 08-08-2013, 12:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Is it service vehicle or check engine?
Old 08-08-2013, 05:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS1MCSS
Is it service vehicle or check engine?
Service vehicle

Quick Reply: Service vechicle light used Searched...