PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

98 LS1 Wiring Harness Question (C100 Connector.. TPS Wires...)

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 09:15 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 98 LS1 Wiring Harness Question (C100 Connector.. TPS Wires...)

Scroll down to the end of the post for a one sentence question if you don't feel like reading any background story...

-----------------------------
So I'm tearing apart a 98 LS1 fbody harness to weed out emissions wiring, repin for 99+ PCM, and to relayout the harness in a swap application.

I have it all torn down to the injector and coil sections, and individual runs of sensor wiring (maf, map, O2s, etc.).

I have run into one "issue". I can't wrap my head around why the run of 3 TPS sensor wires does not lead straight from the TPS pigtail to the PCM. Each of the 3 TPS wires Ys off; one lead leading to the PCM and one lead leading to the C100 connector that normally rests above the wheel well on an fbody.

I can not find a wiring diagram to see where the 3 TPS wires run on the chassis side of things once they are past the C100 connector.

What would they be running to on a 98 fbody??? Do they run from the C100 to the engine bay, or the cabin? Traction control maybe?

This is just bugging me because it's the only thing I don't have worked out in my head. I *believe* I should be fine running the 3 TPS wires straight to the PCM. I can't think of any other system that needs to know what the throttle position is besides the PCM.

Im just trying to save myself some time, I would hate to wire the TPS straight to the PCM then realize "Oh hey yeah I should have ran those TPS wires running to the C100 connector to the xxxx.).

-----------------------------
[In short]

Will the 3 TPS pigtail wires be fine running straight from the TPS to the PCM on a 99+ fbody PCM, or do they need to Y off before they enter the PCM and run somewhere else in parallel?
Old 12-03-2013, 09:47 PM
12 Second Club

Anybody? Would I have better luck with this in the hybrid section?
Old 12-05-2013, 09:34 AM
Launching!

Already have these diagrams?
Attached Files
Old 12-06-2013, 07:14 AM
12 Second Club

Yeah I do, they don't show the tps wires running to anything else besides the pcm/ tps.

Oh well, I decided Im going to run the TPS wires into the cabin anyhow. Along with a spare power, ground, and tach wire and a few extra wires to keep an open door for nitrous, etc.

Im just curious why they had TPS wires running into the cabin from GM. Only thing I can think of is it was for cruise/ traction control, but I don't think either of those need TPS. I admit I didn't check out any traction control/ ABS schematics since I have no ABS and an aftermarket cruise control setup tho.

Quick Reply: 98 LS1 Wiring Harness Question (C100 Connector.. TPS Wires...)