PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No TCC unlook signal at zero throttle

Old 03-21-2014, 07:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No TCC unlook signal at zero throttle

I have a level 2 Performabuilt 4L60E, with a 2800 stall Vig TC. They have been working great together for a couple of years, but in the last couple of weeks they have developed a couple of problems.

A few weeks ago my TC lockup went from firm and almost instantaneous to soft and slow. It takes a couple of seconds for the TC to lock up, and even when it does, it doesn't feel full locked right away. I may have to drive a couple of miles before it feels fully locked.

Last week my TC stopped unlocking when I would let off the gas. I talked to Frank at Performabuilt and followed a few of his suggestions. I wired in an LED light to see if and when my PCM is sending a lock or unlock signal.

Results from the signal check are as follows: PCM sends lock signal at around 43 MPH. When I let off the gas, my pcm continues sending the lock signal. If I punch the gas quickly the PCM sends an unlock signal, and if I press the brake the PCM sends an unlock signal. My TC has always unlocked when I go to zero throttle, now it doesn't.

This seemed to indicate a possible faulty Throttle Pos. Sensor, so I changed the part, but my PCM and TC still act the same.

Any ideas Folks?...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: No TCC unlook signal at zero throttle