Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my car is running horribly!!! log inside

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 04:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default my car is running horribly!!! log inside

so i swapped my 6 spd car to an auto over the weekend. i used a verified good trans, flashed an auto tune, checked and rechecked all my wiring, checked fuel pressure, changed fuel filter, changed plugs, cleaned MAF, reset fuel trims, etc. No luck. the car ran great as a 6 spd but one day started to lose power, so i dont think it has something to do with limp mode. the car lights no codes and while in park/neutral revs fine. if i manually shift into 2nd it has power. i have attached a log. the LTFTs and STFTs are negative and fluctuate rapidly. when i touch the throttle they all go back down to zero. i belive the trans is in limp mode but it feels like it MAY be shifting. if anyone has any input it would be greatly appreciated. thanks
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
SEP6runslikecrap.hpl (51.6 KB, 68 views)
Old 09-06-2014, 07:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

your ECT is showing -38
Old 09-06-2014, 07:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah had the connector unplugged. Plugged it back in and the ltfts aren't moving (staying at or close to zero) but it seems like the trans is just shifting too fast. When I put it in od it's all bogged down. If I shift down into 2 it'll haul ***.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

no one has any idea? i pulled the harness and checked everything pin to pin for shorts. all good to go. the fuel pressure is strange. when key on or engine running the fuel pressure will go to 60 psi but immediately fall on its face when pump is done priming. when driving and stuttering the fuel pressure stays at 60 psi. i know the pumps have a built in check valve that fails but it has pressure so i cant see it being an issue.

Quick Reply: my car is running horribly!!! log inside