Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

high oil pressure, knock sensor codes, flat spot in acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 12:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default high oil pressure, knock sensor codes, flat spot in acceleration

I've been reading your posts for years on ls1 tech. but i finally have a question that i cant find an answer to..

i have been battling a knock sensor low voltage code for a few weeks now. gave my car to the shop i go to to replace the sensors and the whip. all ohmed out good yet the codes still come in

so i replaced my Throttle Position Sensor yesterday (the old one has no spring return and it is all jumpy on the ohm meter so i figured it was shot) from an idea form a buddy, and the car ran normal, no codes, oil pressure was normal. prier to replacing the Throttle Position Sensor replacement and this morning i fire it up and i get a knock sensor 1 low voltage code a few miles down the road, and my oil pressure is running high. ( normal 40 at idle and 55 WOT, high is 55 at idle and 65-75 at WOT. i re-calibrate the Throttle positioning sensor ( unplug it and turn the key to run without starting the car for 30 sec, turn off the key and plug the Throttle Position Sensor back in) the car is back to normal, no codes and normal oil pressure. i can see on my tuner that it is at .39% throttle at idle and it is reading 0 in the mornings before i touch it. it throws the codes above.

i have had my knock sensors replaced along with the wiring twice, ohmed it all out and checked both knock sensors are working properly. and the ac signals seem to be getting to the ECM as they should be

the last piece in the puzzle would be a ECM right?.

i just cant find a connection between my oil pressure, knock sensors and the flat spot in my acceleration (flat spot is corrected with the TPS replacement) and how the TPS replacement fixes them all. and why i have to re-calibrate the sensor every time i go to drive my car.

FYI i do have the diablo sport tune in the car along with 3.73 rear which is corrected with the tuner. its the same issues weather i put the factory tune or the diablo one in the car.

sorry for jumping around but thanks for any ideas you all have?.
Old 11-30-2014, 04:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts

Could be a bad ground or bad wire. With car running, shake the wires to see if that causes any symptoms or pops up on the scanner.

Quick Reply: high oil pressure, knock sensor codes, flat spot in acceleration