Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

frost tune.....but on a stock lq4

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2015, 06:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default frost tune.....but on a stock lq4

Hi I am planning on buying HP tuners pro in under 3 months but all this talk about Frost tunes has me interested. Aside from a 2900 stall torque converter in the th400, 2.5" catless dual exhaust with an x-pipe, and 3.5" intake tubing going to a cone filter in my fender well....this 2005 lq4 6.0 is stock (flipped truck exhaust manifolds). I truly won't utilize all the benefits of Hp tuners for at least 2 years (when I go turbo) so a decent tune will keep me happy in the meantime to max out the current setup.

On the Frost tunes website it says 99-02 ls but there isn't a specific mail order selection for a 2005 gen III truck engine that's swapped(selection says NOT FOR SWAPS). I'm confused by this as some mail order tunes say $150 for the trucks and $200 for 99-02 ls1. So is a 2005 lq4 covered as well?

Let's say my pcm is covered, would it be worth it with my current setup gain wise or should I just buy hp tuners pro in a few months and slowly learn?
Old 03-15-2015, 06:12 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 537 Likes on 383 Posts

Frost does great for the money!!
Tuning is harder than what most people thinks..... Every combo is different. If I was in your shoes I'll go to black bear for a tune. They have different tuning options but some of they options dig really deep into the computer to unleash the max performance and drivability.
Old 03-15-2015, 02:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tuskyz28
Frost does great for the money!!
Tuning is harder than what most people thinks..... Every combo is different. If I was in your shoes I'll go to black bear for a tune. They have different tuning options but some of they options dig really deep into the computer to unleash the max performance and drivability.
Frost might be way too busy anyways so I'll look into BB thanks
Old 03-15-2015, 10:27 PM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

We tune engine swaps every week in person and almost every day through email or mail order.
Old 03-16-2015, 01:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LSX Power Tuning
We tune engine swaps every week in person and almost every day through email or mail order.
Aside from shipping my pcm to you is the only other option via email if I have hp tuners pro where I datalog and then email you my saved bin file? Also with the email option is it also one time tune or is it the type where I upload the file you send me and then datalog, then send you the information for further tweaking?

I'm just unsure as I've done something similar with uprev/osiris in the past when I was a nissan owner. Thank you.
I'm located in Canada so the email tune might be a better option as shipping gets pricey.

Last edited by foxsl; 03-16-2015 at 01:14 AM.
Old 03-16-2015, 03:08 PM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

I offer email tuning with and without data logging with hp tuners and efi live. I also sell efi live autocals to allow tuning trough email if you dont own any tuning software. Its a handheld that is remote tuned through efi live.

Quick Reply: frost tune.....but on a stock lq4