Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help tuning, looking for a good basefile. MS3 6.0

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 06:22 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Need help tuning, looking for a good basefile. MS3 6.0

Hey Guys, Need some help this morning. my buddy has a 93 notchback fox we just swaped a 6.0 into (trying to take it to the beach this weekend (cruisin oc)) and dont have time to get to a tuner. I have some basic knowledge but not nearly enough to build a file from scratch to run this thing on. Wondering if someone could help us out or have something slightly more in the ballpark than what i have currently. (a stock ls2 tune and another boosted 5.3 tune (that strangley it seems to like better))

Motor is a stock cube 6.0 with an ms3 cam, ported 317s, edlebrock victor jr intake and custom fab elbow with a 102mm throttle body, stock maf off an 03 silverado (5.3), stock injectors out of an 05 ls2 vette, Turbo 400 with a stall (so no need for trans tuning i suppose).

Like i said, if someone could get me even in the ballpark i can make some minimal adjustments and get it running good. Right now on the 5.3 tune it idles fine but it goes pig rich the second you give it gas.

Much thanks in advance guys!
Old 10-05-2015, 06:29 AM
TECH Resident

oh and my pcm is out of an f body if that helps in any way
Old 10-05-2015, 09:23 AM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

We sell base tunes, if you bought one today we could have it to you by tomorrow afternoon.
Old 10-05-2015, 09:24 AM

Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

What year F-Body PCM is it?

Did you at least set the Injector Flow Rate (IFR) table?
Installing bigger injectors without updating the table will make it pig rich.

With your unusual set of parts (not wrong with that!) you are unlikely to find a tune that works even in the ball park.
Without a proper tune you might quickly damage the engine.

Install a wideband if not already, make sure the injector tables are correct, learn to use HPT scanner histograms and you can quickly get the VE table in the ball park and get the MAF table very close too.
Old 10-05-2015, 11:38 AM
TECH Resident

how much lsx power tune? and i believe its an 02 mrv edit. We actually went down injector size. The tune the pcm had in it was a 5.3 with 60 lbs, we went to an ls2, i just coppied and pasted all the injector data out of the stock ls2 tune. I may have missed the IFR, ill check
Old 10-05-2015, 12:42 PM

Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

Buying a tune from LSX_Power_Tuning sounds like a great idea. Its a tiny fraction of the cost of replacing an engine. IIRC, not all LS2 had the same size injectors.

Quick Reply: Need help tuning, looking for a good basefile. MS3 6.0