Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diesel shop tune LS1 ??

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2015, 01:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Diesel shop tune LS1 ??

This is probably a stupid question but one of my buddy owns one of the best diesel shops around and is one of the best diesel tuners around. I was wanting to get my car tuned and was thinking about having him do it. he tunes a few cars here and there. Hes about the closest dyno tuner within a few hours. My question is since hes one of the best with tuning diesels how much different is it to tune ls cars on the dyno? Would i be better off hauling it a couple hours a way and having a tuner that specializes in ls motors do it?
Old 10-19-2015, 02:35 PM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

If they do diesel only then they will most likely be lost trying to tune your car. Very few people tune both, I do the gas tuning for a lot of diesel shops. Most gas tuners dont tune diesels, I tune some diesels if they are stock other than that I send them to one of of the diesel places I tune for. I would probably never even tuned diesels if I didn't have them myself. In the end it will just depend on his knowledge on gas tuning and if he's comfortable tuning it. I have no problem sending someone to someone more qualified if its something I cant handle.
Old 10-21-2015, 04:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Diesel shop tune LS1 ??

+1 good call.
Old 10-21-2015, 10:06 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Would i be better off hauling it a couple hours a way and having a tuner that specializes in ls motors do it?
You're better off using a remote tuner like PatG to do the actual changes and use your connections within that shop to do the actual tuning (as this requires the user to have the tuning software). This is of course if your buddy does indeed have either EFI Live or HP Tuners which most LSx tuners use.

Quick Reply: Diesel shop tune LS1 ??