PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LSX Swap First start Cranks but no Fire. Fuel Check. Spark - Big Negative.

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2015, 06:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LSX Swap First start Cranks but no Fire. Fuel Check. Spark - Big Negative.

5.3 turbo swap in my chevelle Im attempting to first start it .. I have already checked a few things for the record. I have a harness that I myself have modified and i have a few questions. I have the fuel pump relay wired up everything seems to be working on that end of it. I have no spark coming from the coils. When I put in another spark plug in on a wire that I disconnect from the engine I can ground the plug out but I have absolutely no spark. I have power to the coils Before and during cranking. I have the coil packs on a switched igntion wire (basically a toggle switch) because I am using a push button start. I dont know where to go from here. I have checked the ground from the coil packs to the point where I have cut the ground wires off the coil pack plugs and soldered new ground points on them attached to the back of the block AND a direct ground going to the (-) Battery side.

I have also switched out 2 different Crank sensors because I have read that This may be the culprit. I have a cheapy OBD2 Scanner and when I read the data while cranking it IS showing engine RPM when cranking ( I think that this indicates that the Crank Sensor is working) dont quote me on this.

The PCM is a 411 PCM and for the time being just to start it I have wired up a resister bypass for the VATS Delete. .

It is a T56 I do not have a brake switch wired up yet. Can this be any problem?

Also I am wondering if possibly I need neutral safety / clutch pedal switch wired to make it start? The stater will fire the car but it just cranks. I can also crank the car with out the function of the PCM hooked up to the C1 / C2(red / blue ) connectors hooked up to the computer at all. It will still attempt to crank.
So I am wondering If I am missing a step somewhere that I have overlooked in the process. I dont know where to start. Everything seems to be wired correctly for the exception of the no neutral safety switch which I didnt think I needed (for t56)

Thanks for reading and help!
Old 12-28-2015, 06:36 PM
Teching In

Edit** I also have a maf hooked up to the sensor but the maf is just hanging from the engine I didnt finish the piping yet. IAT is also not hooked up as I am waiting for the Pigtail to come in from shipping. ( I didnt think any of these issues mattered please correct me if I am wrong)
Old 12-29-2015, 10:18 PM
Teching In

wtf how only spark on one coil now??? I can take the Main coil harness and pop it on the other side and only 1 of them sparks. the same on on the other side?

dont know how to embed this video
but heres the link to youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqYX...ature=youtu.be

Quick Reply: LSX Swap First start Cranks but no Fire. Fuel Check. Spark - Big Negative.