Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

purchased innovate lc-2 wideband for 02 ws6

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 07:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default purchased innovate lc-2 wideband for 02 ws6

So to keep my question nice and simple... there are two o2 sensors on each side of motor... installing headers this weekend with the same holes in place. I know I need to make another hole with a bung for my wideband sensor, but do i keep all 4 o2 sensors, and the wideband? i hear people mating them together or something. and how far back from the o2 sensor do i make the hole for the wideband?

buying the ebay specials..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LS1-Camaro-F...-/361114865729
Old 05-13-2016, 01:45 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The rear O2 sensors are for monitoring the cats. If you deleted the cats you can tune those out and plug one and use the other for O2. If not, you can keep them all (it hurts nothing) and install another bung for the wideband. Instructions should tell you about placement but the general rule is between 10 and 2 o'clock position angled down so it is not affected/damaged by moisture. Also, it should be slightly past your collector so there is less skewing of the data from cams with big overlap which can make the readings off slightly. Last I believe the guys tuning only one wideband tend to put that in the passenger side exhaust which tends to run a little leaner (a little safety margin by monitoring closest to the lean cylinder). Someone will probably confirm that. I'm running dual wideband a so didn't have to worry about it.
Old 05-14-2016, 05:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Default purchased innovate lc-2 wideband for 02 ws6

The LC-2 has outputs for NBO2 and WB... so you replace one of the front NBO2's with the LC-2, and wire up the LC-2 NBO2 signal output and ground to the harness NBO2 connector (using a socket/plug), and wire up the LC-2 WB output to your logging device (use serial comms if your logger supports it).

Quick Reply: purchased innovate lc-2 wideband for 02 ws6