Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can I use delivered torque to help set a PE curve

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2016, 10:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I use delivered torque to help set a PE curve

I had the car tuned a little over a year ago but over the winter I changed the exhaust. I went from 1 5/8 headman headers and magnaflow cat back to a set of 1 7/8 headers and 2.5" duals. For whatever reason it's responding in a similar way to others when they go from stock exhaust to LTs. It's running lean and dumping fuel ending up being rich. So I'm starting over with the VE and MAF tables.

Once I get those dialed in and have my actual AFR matching my commanded I was thinking of turning to the PE table. Now the tuner set the PE to command 12.4 AFR and that's fine as the car has seemed to make more power being on the rich side. However I was wondering if the car would respond better if there were slight changes across the PE table instead of commanding a flat 12.4 throughout the run. Maybe in some areas it likes more fuel and in others less.

With all that said I was wondering if the delivered tq PID in hptuners was reliable enough to work with for street tuning. If so I could set up a couple tunes, go to the track, and see what yields the best results.
Old 06-21-2016, 10:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Can I use delivered torque to help set a PE curve

Yes, on the dyno you can tune PE to get best peak TQ and lean it slightly as rpm continues on to get best peak HP.

You may want to also adjust spark timing if you have more dyno time.
Old 06-27-2016, 02:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To get everything as good as you can the PE will naturally have a curve in it. A little leaner before and after peak torque. Richer at peak torque. As long as your VE/MAF are dialed it you should just be able to mess with the PE table.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...PE-curve-trend

Last edited by Exidous; 06-27-2016 at 03:07 AM.

Quick Reply: Can I use delivered torque to help set a PE curve