LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   PCM Diagnostics & Tuning (https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagnostics-tuning-7/)
-   -   LQ9 - setup parameters - Bog/lull off idle (https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagnostics-tuning/1839395-lq9-setup-parameters-bog-lull-off-idle.html)

FCT 07-20-2016 05:00 PM

LQ9 - setup parameters - Bog/lull off idle

I have setup my (2004) LQ9 using the FAST EZ-LS, originally using most of the default settings in the setup wizard, but started to play a bit with the numbers to get it running better/stronger... Seems to pull hard through all the shifts and RPM range after I have a bit of movement and rpm built up. If I "punch" it from a stand still from idle, I seem to get a "bog" or lull until it climbs in rpm..... Its transplanted in a rock crawler/rock bouncer so that initial launch is key, and Im missing out...
Motor internals are stock, with headers/exhaust and a aftermarket cold air intake.... Th400

Some of the current values I have entered in are:

Fuel pressure : 58 psi
Injectors : 25lb
Timing idle : 22
All in timing : 32
All in timing rpm: 3000

AFR:
Idle - 13.1
Cruise- 14
WOT - 13

Just looking some some input on the numbers I have entered in??? Things to change or look for ???

Thanks!

rpturbo 07-23-2016 03:57 PM

Do that thing have any way to data log? Have you checked your TPS to make sure it is good, and does not have a bad spot? Do you have a wideband? If so, what does it do on the punch?

gametech 07-23-2016 09:06 PM

None of the parameters you listed suggest any way to control tip-in fueling. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that such a simplistic tuning solution is probably geared toward stock 5.7l motors, and one of those "default settings" you mentioned may need more scrutiny.

FCT 07-24-2016 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by rpturbo (Post 19336915)
Do that thing have any way to data log? Have you checked your TPS to make sure it is good, and does not have a bad spot? Do you have a wideband? If so, what does it do on the punch?

No data log no, but it does show a live feed. I thought there seemed to be a bit of a "blip" in the TPS, so I installed a new on.... It made no difference.
There is a wideband 02 - but have not looked at the values. Will check it out!

FCT 07-24-2016 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by gametech (Post 19337146)
None of the parameters you listed suggest any way to control tip-in fueling. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that such a simplistic tuning solution is probably geared toward stock 5.7l motors, and one of those "default settings" you mentioned may need more scrutiny.

Correct. I have started tweaking some values but in all honesty im playing a complete guessing game. Was hoping to have someone chime in on what to be looking for or even try.

Brando5641 07-25-2016 01:24 AM

Watch what the afr does when it bogs. Correct the rich or lean condition and it will probably go away.

FCT 07-25-2016 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Brando5641 (Post 19338211)
Watch what the afr does when it bogs. Correct the rich or lean condition and it will probably go away.

A bar type graph is given for AFR. A "targeted AFR" and "Actual AFR". When I punch the throttle the actual AFR climbs past the actual AFR and tops out, then settles once the engine catches up. I have played within the full parameter range given on the "Accel Fuel" setting... doesnt seem to make a difference...

I run extremely shallow gearing and not much of an exhaust, so its confusing at times because I get lots of popping out the exhaust during de-acceleration... Leading me to believe its running too rich... but i dont think its the case.....

FCT 07-25-2016 08:16 AM

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/ls1tech...5d4408e725.jpg

jimmyblue 07-25-2016 01:53 PM

Check also the burst knock stuff since this is a truck
motor/PCM donor. Raise the delta g/cyl numbers at
least 2X from factory truck values, to keep from the
burst knock triggering on just about any throttle (or
even RPM run-up in 1st) transition.

FCT 07-25-2016 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by jimmyblue (Post 19338750)
Check also the burst knock stuff since this is a truck
motor/PCM donor. Raise the delta g/cyl numbers at
least 2X from factory truck values, to keep from the
burst knock triggering on just about any throttle (or
even RPM run-up in 1st) transition.

I dont think I have seen that as a option to change within the FAST EZ LS module?

gagliano7 08-03-2016 11:19 AM

Did you try calling Fast? I wonder if your exhaust being to short is causing your wideband to read weird when you first put throttle into it.