LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   PCM Diagnostics & Tuning (https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagnostics-tuning-7/)
-   -   HP TUNERS 3.0 doesn't record injector duty cycle in gragh (https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagnostics-tuning/1841181-hp-tuners-3-0-doesnt-record-injector-duty-cycle-gragh.html)

codyvette 08-06-2016 09:21 PM

HP TUNERS 3.0 doesn't record injector duty cycle in gragh

I have done a search and also emailed HP about this. HP sent me back and email with links to set up a wideband. In searching I found a thread where someone explained a complicated way to figure out IDC. I just want it to work. The gragh does show IDC but it is not being recorded. Thanks in advance for any help.

eaglegoat 08-06-2016 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by codyvette (Post 19350772)
I have done a search and also emailed HP about this. HP sent me back and email with links to set up a wideband. In searching I found a thread where someone explained a complicated way to figure out IDC. I just want it to work. The gragh does show IDC but it is not being recorded. Thanks in advance for any help.

Get off 3.0 and get on 3.2 maybe? I've got IDC on my charts without issue.

codyvette 08-06-2016 10:05 PM

Tried that also. It should be there. It is in the box on the left just not recording a value

eaglegoat 08-06-2016 10:15 PM

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by that? That there's a chart called injector duty cycle? BFD. Is that chart layout set with injector duty cycle as the parameter? Are you logging all the parameters necessary to calculate IDC?

truckdoug 08-06-2016 11:53 PM

yeah he's asking how to set that up

i believe it's a calculation of pulse width and rpm. i had it set up when I was using 2.24...and lost all my configs when 3.0 came out.

codyvette 08-07-2016 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by eaglegoat (Post 19350812)
I'm not sure exactly what you mean by that? That there's a chart called injector duty cycle? BFD. Is that chart layout set with injector duty cycle as the parameter? Are you logging all the parameters necessary to calculate IDC?

It is not in the chart but it is on the graph. It is normally in the top group. mine says IDC but there is no line displaying as everything else records. Thanks for the responses far.

truckdoug 08-07-2016 10:25 AM

ok i just tried this out. i'm using 3.2 mind you.

go into the scanner > channels and add channels

engine rpm sae ( i think this is under engine, or may already be added if you have RPM in gauges or graphs)

injector pulsewidth bank 1
injector pulsewidth bank 2

you dont have to add those to gauges or graphs, they just have to be an active channel so the computer can use them to calculate duty cycle.

I'm not sure what else it uses to calculate the IDC, I am no tuning guru. Does is it uses your injector flow rate vs kpa too? I'm pretty sure it does not and it's just a calculation, so as far as accuracy...I'm not sure it's very helpful.

codyvette 08-07-2016 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by truckdoug (Post 19351053)
ok i just tried this out. i'm using 3.2 mind you.

go into the scanner > channels and add channels

engine rpm sae ( i think this is under engine, or may already be added if you have RPM in gauges or graphs)

injector pulsewidth bank 1
injector pulsewidth bank 2

you dont have to add those to gauges or graphs, they just have to be an active channel so the computer can use them to calculate duty cycle.

I'm not sure what else it uses to calculate the IDC, I am no tuning guru. Does is it uses your injector flow rate vs kpa too? I'm pretty sure it does not and it's just a calculation, so as far as accuracy...I'm not sure it's very helpful.

That did the trick. Thanks for everyone's help

codyvette 08-07-2016 01:09 PM

I also figured out how to add both my portable WB and my permanent WB to my charts configuration.... With the help of all the great folks here and at HP of course. This stuff is so much more fun when it begins to go your way. Thanks again