Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Knock on shifting and or first gear only, LSA swap

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2016, 12:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Knock on shifting and or first gear only, LSA swap

i know theres no tune posted as im at work atm and will try to get it posted when i get home but

currently tuning in an LQ4 with 823 heads, LSA blower and a stg 1 blower cam, 4l80e in a 04 silverado, got it running and driving decently, issue im having is knock, ive tuned my turbo car before and didnt have any issues as it seemed more straight forward/consistent then this so im a little puzzled.

right now im at stock pulley set up so 9psi with around 11.5 A/F and im only commanding 15* timing, which seems low as ive read and seen on other posts people are running anywhere from 19-24* on lsa swaps and on higher boost settings and have no issue, and its on 93oct

if i hit it going through first i can get anywhere from 4-8* of knock at or after 3600rpms, more so after 4800rpms, which i usually let off at, also spinning tires and or with a quick downshift from 2nd to 1st then breaks traction. i have the 4L80E tuned pretty aggressive (enough that being stock it will chirp 2nd gear when shifting) so im slightly blaming the aggressive shifts/downshifting but.

i did hop on the highway though, left it in 2nd and did a pull all the way through and got zero knock the whole time, had an even happy 15* advance across the cells and good a/f and pulled pretty good, have done multiple 2nd gear highway pulls now and no knock on any of them.

but if i slow down go to 1st or let it down shift i get a enough knock(4-8*) that i dont like it. i have yet the room or area to safely do a full 1st and into 2nd and full 2nd gear pull.

things ive tried, zeroed out burst knock, re secured exhaust system and checked clamps, checked engine mounts as there stock and i think they may be moving to much but not sure.

any thing to try safely im open for, that also being said i would think if i was to get knock it would be on the longer, slightly higher IAT temp 2nd gear pull, not the quick 1st gear pull, which is why i feel like im chasing false knock/not engine knock, all IATs all the time are between 75-85*f

thanks!

Quick Reply: Knock on shifting and or first gear only, LSA swap