Sponsored by:

LC-2 Narrowband Output Wiring Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 07:39 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1,218 Likes on 782 Posts

Default LC-2 Narrowband Output Wiring Question

Hi All,

I'm just getting started into tuning, and definitely want a wideband. I think I have decided the LC-2 is a good budget, entry level sensor that seems to have decent reviews on the web. My idea is to be able to remove the stock o2 sensor, and thread the LC-2 into it's bung. Since the LC-2 has dual analog outputs, I'm thinking that I can use it for both wideband logging but also keep the stock sensor function as well.

Attached are a couple photos that should help explain what I'm wanting to do.

The LC-2 has 4 wires, plus serial outputs to power up the controller.

It needs

Red-Power
Black-Ground
Yellow-analog 1 (0-5v=7.35 to 22.39 AFR)
Brown- analog 2(0.1-1.1V=14-15 AFR)

If I can use the factory 02 Plug stock Wiring and just chop the end off of a burnt out sensor to connect to the LC-2. and just plug that into the factory harness, it would make it very easy for me to put my stock sensor back in, and use my wideband in another vehichle if need be.

I would think that PIN C from the pigtail could be ground and the PIN D could be my key'd 12V+

My question is, when I look at the PCM pinout, or the wiring for the sensor, why are there 2 signals? a HIGH and a LOW? Which one should I connect the brown .1-1.1V analog signal to? and what happens to the other?
Attached Thumbnails LC-2 Narrowband Output Wiring Question-f-body-o2-bank-1-2-front.gif   LC-2 Narrowband Output Wiring Question-lc-2-wiring.png  
Old 07-17-2017, 07:51 AM
TECH Junkie

and just before someone says something about a search, I tried, and found this thread, but the wiring diagram link is dead https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagn...same-time.html
Old 07-21-2017, 07:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

Why don't you just weld in an 02 bung and put the WB in there and leave the stock **** alone?
Old 07-22-2017, 09:08 PM
TECH Junkie

well, as I'm sure you know, real estate under an f body isn't that great. My only real options for placement are right behind the stock bung, or too far downstream of the collector that I don't think it will read accurately.
Old 07-23-2017, 10:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

Originally Posted by MaroonMonsterLS1
well, as I'm sure you know, real estate under an f body isn't that great. My only real options for placement are right behind the stock bung, or too far downstream of the collector that I don't think it will read accurately.
put it in the y pipe 5-10 inches behind the collector.
Old 07-23-2017, 10:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Not gonna work. Let me rephrase here.

Let's say I don't want to weld another bung. I want to use the bung I already have on the header. Does anyone have experience with using the kind of setup I have proposed above.

I'm also thinking about using this for other cars I tune, so being able to just unplug their stocker, and remove it from the bung, then I could just plug into the stock harness using the second output from the wideband, and thread my sensor right into the bung.

It would make quick tuning a breeze for cars and I wouldn't have to weld in a second bung all the time
Old 02-16-2020, 01:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

@MaroonMonsterLS1 did you ever figure this out? I'm looking to do something similar.

Quick Reply: LC-2 Narrowband Output Wiring Question