PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it possible to log afr/lambda on the torque pro app?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2017, 06:59 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Is it possible to log afr/lambda on the torque pro app?

I tune my turbo LS1 car with hp tuner. This question is just in general, I know there are better ways to log. Just curious.

The torque pro app connects to your obd2 port with a bluetooth adaptor. Is there anyway to add in external sensors like a wideband?

I can't find anything online so not sure if possible but figured I'd ask.

Alex
Old 09-05-2017, 11:07 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As far as I know, there is no easy way to do this.

There is a possible solution, but it's a bit of work. Some have successfully taken the wideband's 0-5V output and wired it into an "unused" 0-5V input on the PCM, such as either the EGR or AC pressure signals. Then you can set up a custom field to read that PID (either EGR, AC pressure, etc) and apply a formula to that value to convert the 0-5V signal to AFR (that basic formula should be published in the wideband's docs). There are a few gotchas along the way, but that's the basic outline of the task.
Old 09-13-2017, 11:05 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am working on this also. I have my LM-2 wired through the EGR on my truck and I can see the EGR volts on the Torque Pro app. I just need to get this calculated into AFR like I do in HP Tuners.
I'll post back if the Torque Pro forum guys help me get it working.
Old 09-13-2017, 07:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The idea behind getting it to work is the same as reading your AFR through the EGR or A/C. Once you have your wideband connected to an unused input on your pcm, you need to find that PID in the Torque pro app. Once you find that PID you use it for your volts just like with HP Tuners.

My Wideband reports 0 volts for 8.97 AFR and 5 volts for 18.96 AFR. Which makes my equation (Volts/(Volt Range/AFR Range))+Lowest AFR reading or in my case (Volts/.5005)+8.97.

PID 22114b is the Torque pro [GM]EGR V. This reports the proper volts for the equation. After finding and verifying the PID is reporting the proper volts you will need to create custom PID like below.

PID – left empty
Name – AFR LM-2
Min Value – 10
Max Value – 20
Scale Factor – 1
Unit Type – left blank
Equation – ([22114b]/.5005)+8.97
OBD Header to use – left blank

Quick Reply: Is it possible to log afr/lambda on the torque pro app?