Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer says i need a new pcm/ecm

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2017, 06:07 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer says i need a new pcm/ecm

Was having a random p0200 ignition circuit code pop up every now and then, blamed myself for lettingbthe car run almost completely out of gas i figured i must have fouled a few injectors or indeed had a piched wire somewhere along injector harness.
long story short, a can of seafoam did not clear issue and i fail to find any pinched/broken/dodgy wire anywhere on harness.
took plunge and brought it into a very reputable Chevy dealers here in ny. Got the call car needed a few injectors replaced( they wanted 250 per injector) !!! Apparently a few had issue, no biggie. The problem then arouse that they maintain i need a new Ecm because apparently mine has multiple misfire codes that never threw a sel, i questioned this and the services guy sort of stumbled.
long post but question for you guys is, could my Ecm/pcm be faulty and storing codes it does not show? I believe the pcm may be the problem if thats the case and causing my p0200?
Old 10-05-2017, 10:05 AM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

The codes would be in the ecm as pending or in the history if your cel isnt on. That circuit ot driver could be bad in the ecm but over the internet no way to tell if its the ecm or not. We do sell used ones if you wanted to go that route. Please tell me you didnt pay $250/ injector to get them cleaned.
Old 10-05-2017, 11:50 AM
Staging Lane

they wanted 250 to replace each injector not clean, i said no way lol.
in regards the ecm, yes i got a p0301 code last week cyl 1 misfire, along with p0200, which i clear and the p0200 returned twice, i explained this to the tech, he insisted no the ecm is bad it has multiple misfire codes that never showed up?!
Old 10-17-2017, 01:39 PM
Teching In

Dealer tech will very happily sell you OEM priced parts on a continuing basis until the car is fixed, or you run out of money.

Quick Reply: Dealer says i need a new pcm/ecm