PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

College Student in need of aid

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2018, 07:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default College Student in need of aid

hey there, I'm a current student in Automotive industry management, and I was curious to know which PID should you observe in the PCM for a UEGO sensor?
Old 02-04-2018, 09:00 PM
Restricted User

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts

That depends. Are you talking about wiring the UEGO into your factory PCM? You'll view the PID of whichever pin you put it in.
Old 02-13-2018, 05:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are multiple ways to view the PID. I only have experience with HPTuners so I will give you what I know.

1. Like JoeNova said, you can wire the 5V output on the UEGO sensor controller to something like the EGR Pintle Position input or the AC Pressure input. Then you log those PIDs and apply a transfer function to convert the raw voltage to AFR (or Lambda).

2. Wire the 5V output to an input on HPTuners Pro interface. The scanning software should have options to select your sensor and input you wired to and that will allow you to view AFR.

3 If you have a serial output on you UEGO controller you can log the data serially. Hook up to the serial output then plug it into your laptops serial port (or use a serial to usb converter) and then under the scanning software select your wideband and the software will automatically connect to the controller.

Quick Reply: College Student in need of aid