PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

Inexpensive Opensource Flashing(Read is 100% working)

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2018, 11:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 157 Likes on 73 Posts

Lets keep the ball rolling here......Did some work on the Allpro tonight
Attempted a 100% flash, this creates a 100% clone of the PCM the .bin file was read from including all vehicle and pcm specific data
4x mode is still not working yet for any of the tools but I figured I'd give a 1x flash a try just for lol's.

[09:49:58:727] Voltage: 12.3V
[09:49:58:743] Elm ID: ELM327 v2.1
[09:49:58:779] All Pro ID: Copyright (c) 2009-2018 ObdDiag.Net
-
-
-
[10:04:19:943] RX: 6C F0 10 76 00 86
[10:04:19:944] Flash Complete

So a 100% clone at 1x speeds took just under 15 minutes......once 4x is working thats going to give it a pretty respectable write time

Old 12-07-2018, 10:40 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This project is so amazing! Thanks to all who are making this happen. This hobby budget car guy is super grateful.

I can't speak for others, but I would be absolutely ecstatic about 1x!
Old 12-07-2018, 11:38 AM
cam
TECH Junkie

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Indeed this is impressive innovation and to be acknowledged for the effort and result. Im impressed and look forward to future works and developments, and refinements.
Old 12-08-2018, 01:00 PM
TECH Resident

Received 137 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by DavidBraley
This project is so amazing! Thanks to all who are making this happen. This hobby budget car guy is super grateful.
We're every bit as excited about seeing this stuff work as you are. For me, in addition to making tools available for people on a budget, I'm really looking forward to making the PCM code available for people to hack on (not just tuning tables). Some really cool stuff came about in the Subaru world, and I'm hoping we can get that party started for GM cars too.

Also, about that pic under your name... I don't know where I first saw it, but I've been using it on a Subaru forum for years, so when I saw it in this thread just now I got really confused.

Old 12-08-2018, 03:42 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by NSFW
Arcturis, the fix for vxdiag and other J2534 tools is in the works. I can't promise a timeline but it shouldn't be long.
This release should fix the problem with J2534 tools:

https://github.com/LegacyNsfw/PcmHac...18%2F12%2F08.1

Please give it a try and let us know how it goes.
Old 12-08-2018, 04:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I have several J2534 interfaces I’ll test with. This is still read only with J2534?
Old 12-08-2018, 04:21 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I'll give it a shot when I get home today for you guys. At the end of the day the all pro cable is still the best bang for the buck. I read a P59 last night with pcm hammer and the all pro. No issues on a bench setup.
Old 12-08-2018, 04:43 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by roughneck427
I have several J2534 interfaces I’ll test with. This is still read only with J2534?
It's read only with all devices at this point. Today's release is almost identical to the last one except for minor changes to fix the J2534 stuff.

Writes have been done, with code that's in development, but it's not at a stage where you could really trust it yet. We're working on it with PCMs that have been removed from cars and wired up on our workbenches, to minimize the number of things that could go wrong, and even then it's got some issues.
Old 12-08-2018, 06:28 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Read my P59 again using a VXDiag. No issues. I Compared it to the read using the Allpro in a hex editor, identical. Good job guys!
Old 12-08-2018, 07:14 PM
TECH Resident

Fantastic! Glad to hear it.
Old 12-11-2018, 11:35 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

I hope this doesn't derail too badly, but which AllPro adapter are you guys using successfully?

The standard adapter is shown here: http://www.obddiag.net/allpro.html

There is also an Ardrino one and a USB one, but that one says will only work for CAN.

From reading about the standard AllPro adapter, it looks like the connection is serial (not USB). If it is serial, is there any USB to serial adapters that you are finding to work better with it? In the past I have had to "try" different serial adapters to find one that will work when flashing older vehicles. Didn't know if that was something that I would have to figure out with the AllPro.
Old 12-11-2018, 12:41 PM
Teching In

You want the AllPro Adapter USB. It's $35 +shipping. You can find it on the page below. It works great!

http://www.obddiag.net/products.html
Old 12-11-2018, 02:34 PM
TECH Resident

Yep, you want the USB version.
Old 12-12-2018, 03:43 PM
Teching In

Hey guys,

Just wanted to say this is an amazing project and thanks for all your time and efforts on this.

I just wanted to chime-in in this thread and say I've worked with antus in the past adding support for OBD-I Australian PCM NVRAM real-time tuning to my Android app ALDLdroid and I would be happy to do it again for this project (with your permission of course). I guess it would be pretty cool to have everything into one app and I spent quite a crazy amount of time on the Tuning section of my app and I feel like it could be more useful for more people. It is already supporting editing BIN files with XDF files from TunerPro. It has 2D/3D views for table and everything else. It might be missing a couple XDF features that we may notice along the way but that should be no problem to add later if that's the case.

The app does work with ELM327 based adapter already, it does work with XDF/BIN file already with full tuning editing interface and has log viewers (maps / graphs / scatter plots), I feel like with the reading / writing to ECU code of yours, it would be pretty awesome

So to do development on this, I would have to purchase a PCM, probably an harness pig tail, the allpro cable and maybe some other stuff ? I would probably need some guidance in setting up my bench test and with the code after. But I don't mind investing a bit of money on all that to help. Of course the app is 20$ and I know this can be upsetting some time for people that are doing open source project but for me, it's easy to say that the app wouldn't be where it is today without the price it is as I would have dropped the project a long time ago. I'm sure you guys already know by now how time consuming some of these projects can be!

I guess once the project is considered somewhat stable, I can start looking into integrating all of this into my app, but again, only with your permission. You can email me at aldldroidapp at gmail.com whenever you want.

Thanks and keep up the good work!
Old 12-12-2018, 04:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 157 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by 3400tZ
Hey guys,

Just wanted to say this is an amazing project and thanks for all your time and efforts on this.

I just wanted to chime-in in this thread and say I've worked with antus in the past adding support for OBD-I Australian PCM NVRAM real-time tuning to my Android app ALDLdroid and I would be happy to do it again for this project (with your permission of course). I guess it would be pretty cool to have everything into one app and I spent quite a crazy amount of time on the Tuning section of my app and I feel like it could be more useful for more people. It is already supporting editing BIN files with XDF files from TunerPro. It has 2D/3D views for table and everything else. It might be missing a couple XDF features that we may notice along the way but that should be no problem to add later if that's the case.

The app does work with ELM327 based adapter already, it does work with XDF/BIN file already with full tuning editing interface and has log viewers (maps / graphs / scatter plots), I feel like with the reading / writing to ECU code of yours, it would be pretty awesome

So to do development on this, I would have to purchase a PCM, probably an harness pig tail, the allpro cable and maybe some other stuff ? I would probably need some guidance in setting up my bench test and with the code after. But I don't mind investing a bit of money on all that to help. Of course the app is 20$ and I know this can be upsetting some time for people that are doing open source project but for me, it's easy to say that the app wouldn't be where it is today without the price it is as I would have dropped the project a long time ago. I'm sure you guys already know by now how time consuming some of these projects can be!

I guess once the project is considered somewhat stable, I can start looking into integrating all of this into my app, but again, only with your permission. You can email me at aldldroidapp at gmail.com whenever you want.

Thanks and keep up the good work!
I've sent you an email
Old 12-12-2018, 04:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

We're every bit as excited about seeing this stuff work as you are. For me, in addition to making tools available for people on a budget, I'm really looking forward to making the PCM code available for people to hack on (not just tuning tables). Some really cool stuff came about in the Subaru world, and I'm hoping we can get that party started for GM cars too.

Also, about that pic under your name... I don't know where I first saw it, but I've been using it on a Subaru forum for years, so when I saw it in this thread just now I got really confused.
Thank you. I never knew why when i came from owning a bmw we had all sorts of cool programs and things you can do with the pcm and bcm but when i came to be an fbody owner i was surprised how popular the ls1 world was but we had nothing fun to tinker with programming wise unless you bend over backwards to the other companies and they didn't too much have any cool things to do neither. Just basically tuning.
Old 12-12-2018, 08:13 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by warriorpluto
Thank you. I never knew why when i came from owning a bmw we had all sorts of cool programs and things you can do with the pcm and bcm but when i came to be an fbody owner i was surprised how popular the ls1 world was but we had nothing fun to tinker with programming wise unless you bend over backwards to the other companies and they didn't too much have any cool things to do neither. Just basically tuning.
That's pretty much how felt when I bought my Corvette, after tinkering with my Subaru for ten years. There's probably twenty times as many vehicles on the road with 411 PCMs than there are with my Subaru's ECU, so I was sure there would be a HUGE community of people hacking on them... Nope. WTF?

To be fair, a handful of people did some amazing stuff, but it hasn't really come together yet in the way that it did in the Subaru universe. We aim to fix that.

I've spent the last couple weeks figuring out how to get C code compiled for the 411 to send and receive data over OBD2 bus, and it's coming along pretty well. So by the time we get flash rewriting to work, we're also going to have some nice tools for adding new features to the PCM. I can hardly wait to see where this all goes.
Old 12-13-2018, 12:36 AM
9 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm just waiting on someone to write code to add cool features... Similar to the guy's doing code hacking on OBD1 Honda ECU's way back in the day. Not sure if it's even possible but wow the possibilities with all the I/O of a stock PCM!!!

I'm interested to help anyway I can.
Old 12-13-2018, 11:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 527 Likes on 357 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

my buddy was telling me about being able to add boost by gear on the stock subie PCM

i was jealous to say the least
Old 12-13-2018, 06:10 PM
TECH Resident

I'll just leave this here...

http://www.romraider.com/forum/viewt...13565&start=37

Quick Reply: Inexpensive Opensource Flashing(Read is 100% working)