Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HPTuners and General Tuning Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2018, 02:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPTuners and General Tuning Questions

So I am purchasing HP tuners Pro for my ls1 4th gen. I have been reading the forums for info and have a few general questions.

1. I would like to have a Wideband sensor for tuning. I also just purchased a set of ARH headers and catted y for my car, and am wondering if it would be beneficial for ARH to weld in an extra bung somewhere for the Wideband or just use the existing o2 port and tune in open loop? If they were to add an extra bung to run the Wideband, where should the placement be? I’m guessing it would have to be in the collector before the cat, since the cat is right after the header.

2. When buying the HP tuners, is it worth buying the tuner school book to learn, or is there enough info on here to figure it out. I do have an understanding of the EFI system and have watched YouTube videos of how to tune, as well as searched my questions on the forum.

Thank You!

Old 04-04-2018, 06:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 195 Likes on 162 Posts

As far as the wideband, I like to run mine all the time, so I would suggest having a different location. I can't say where, I don't own a F-Body.

As far as learning to tune, I will just pm you.
Old 04-05-2018, 10:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 99 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by blackz28/ss
So I am purchasing HP tuners Pro for my ls1 4th gen. I have been reading the forums for info and have a few general questions.

1. I would like to have a Wideband sensor for tuning. I also just purchased a set of ARH headers and catted y for my car, and am wondering if it would be beneficial for ARH to weld in an extra bung somewhere for the Wideband or just use the existing o2 port and tune in open loop? If they were to add an extra bung to run the Wideband, where should the placement be? I’m guessing it would have to be in the collector before the cat, since the cat is right after the header.

2. When buying the HP tuners, is it worth buying the tuner school book to learn, or is there enough info on here to figure it out. I do have an understanding of the EFI system and have watched YouTube videos of how to tune, as well as searched my questions on the forum.

Thank You!

Explain to ARH what you need and it's purpose and they will weld a bung in the best spot since they build the headers. I recall they welded the bung on the driver side, so very easy to route the cable into the cabin. Excellent customer service BTW.

IMO they know better than me where to weld it in. That's what they did for me when I ordered mine from ARH.

Last edited by dlandsvZ28; 04-05-2018 at 10:09 AM.
Old 04-10-2018, 10:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rpturbo can u help me?