Notices
PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Diablo | Pantera EFI

Idle Airflow config ?

Old 05-28-2018, 05:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Did a test on how far I could open the blade today and when the TPS volts hit .62 my IAC's went to zero before 180*. I backed it back off to .53 were the hot counts were around 30. So that shows me I dont have to much room to open the blade and no room to be drilling any hole. My Dynamic vs Desired Air is WAAAY off. If I can figure out how to align them I would think that would help a ton. I also checked the IAC port and it's a lot bigger than 3/8".
Old 05-28-2018, 07:48 PM
10 Second Club

Old 05-28-2018, 08:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've seen that thread before but didn't look at his attachment because he was using EFILive. I have a hard enough time figuring out Hptuners lol.
Old 05-28-2018, 08:34 PM
10 Second Club

The method works but its not easy to connect all the pieces.
Old 05-28-2018, 09:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

I bet especially if you are not familiar with EFIlive and add into the equation that I'm MAF-less. I'm over half a century old so this stuff gives me a headache, but when it's not right it bugs me to deaf.

Last edited by Monte4ever; 05-28-2018 at 09:11 PM.
Old 05-28-2018, 09:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Darth_V8r PM sent.
Old 06-07-2018, 09:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

I haven’t read and got caught up but I did wanna say I got mine running perfectly. I did have a hang in rpm when coming to a stop. It wasn’t bad but it didn’t allow the motor to lope and lower the rpm until I actually stopped. My throttle cracker was set to activate at 1mph and stop at 0 mph. I zeroed our the whole airflow table for throttle cracker. It made literally no difference. How? I dont know because it was supposed to add air but didn’t seem to make any difference it what it was doing. Then I decided to put the throttle cracker at 0 mph. Lol. I thought it would disable it but nope. It just stayed it that mode causing me a 1000rpm idle. So then I raised the mph to 8mph and disable at 7mph. That was the ticket. Now my car acts almost stock. So if any of you guys looking at this thread have low speed surging and hanging idle maybe try that. Mine would also surge sometimes. Seems like I had to be in a fast food drive through for it to do it. Basically going real slow and turning would sometimes cause it. I couldn’t get it to surge at all after this change.
Old 06-09-2018, 08:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Good deal KFXguy. I redid my idle Effective Area table with Darth_V8r's help. I'll update in a few days after some more testing and adjustments.

Last edited by Monte4ever; 06-09-2018 at 08:37 AM.
Old 08-03-2018, 12:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Resolved!!

First off I wanna thank Darth for helping me get my Desired and Idle Airflow within 1-2gm/sec of one another whereas before they were up to 8gm/sec apart. It idled good before the change but now it idles SOOOOOOO much better at 825rpms, however, it did not solve my first start up stumble. One day I was messing around and cut the car off right after it cleared the stumbling and began to run smoothly. When I attempted to restart it it started stumbling again. I then pressed the throttle to give it more air to help it come back to life but as it started to clear up it was also spitting out black smoke as if it was getting to much fuel. At that point I realized that I had been barking up the wrong tree by focusing on airflow. A long time ago I focused on fuel because back then I did suspect that it was too rich but the changes I made to the VE and Afterstart Enrichment tables didn't solve my issue. I returned the Enrichment table back to stock but left the VE table as is. OK, that was a short and quick rundown of what I've been messing with now to the good stuff.

I'm gonna try to keep this short as to what I did and how the vehicle reacted. Keep in mind that all test were done first thing in the morning. I never focused on all the other fuel adder tables besides the Afterstart Enrichment table. I started by messing with my First Pulse Mass table (the other mass tables are zeroed out) and the more fuel I took out the more cranking it took for it to light off so I returned this table back to stock. I then moved up to the Cranking Fuel FA Multi Stage table. I multiplied this table by .80 from -40 to 104*. This help but did not eliminated the stumbling so I reduced it by another .80 but this time from 50 - 104* then interloped from 50 to 14*. This helped but once again did not clear the stumbling. I did not want to cut this table to drastically so I revisited the Afterstart Enrichment table. I multiplied this table by .90 from 32 -122*. I picked 122* because the stumbling cleared up around this temp reading. I did not go to 122* on the Cranking FA table because it was at 1.00 - 1.15 already so I left it along. Well what do you know..............SUCCESS...........she fired right up the next morning without any stumbling. Gonna do another first start test tomorrow to make sure everything is good.

I also had an issue with it taking a little to long to start after I cut the car off (example) to get gas or go in a store. It would take about 4 second or so to fire. I went to the First Pulse Mass table and multiplied it by 1.2 from 176 -284*. I also added 2* of timing to the Startup Spark Cranking table from 176 - 284* then interpolated from 140 - 176* and so far so good. Now it fires within 1 to 2 seconds. Hopes this helps someone that has been struggling with startup issues like me.

EDIT: Tried the new first start fuel settings listed above the next day and it fired right up again with no stumbling or hesitation.

Last edited by Monte4ever; 08-04-2018 at 03:38 PM.
Old 08-03-2018, 02:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thank you for explaining all that! It should be helpful to others in similar situations.
Old 08-03-2018, 07:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

That's what I hope it does.
Old 08-13-2018, 06:17 AM
10 Second Club

Nicely done sir!
Old 08-13-2018, 03:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks.
Old 08-13-2018, 06:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Darth_V8r View Post
Nicely done sir!
Thank you. I was on a mission to figure this out.

Search this Thread

About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: