LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   PCM Diagnostics & Tuning (https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagnostics-tuning-7/)
-   -   Tune is done dyno results on the LS3 stroker (https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagnostics-tuning/1902574-tune-done-dyno-results-ls3-stroker.html)

Gasoholic 07-15-2018 11:29 AM

Tune is done dyno results on the LS3 stroker

Finally got her done. Livernois did an excellent job by the way :)
We got 497 RWHP and 496 FT lbs from our NA 419 LS3 stroker.
Not sure how those numbers compare to other similar builds but I'm happy. Theres some items I kept from the OE motor that I can upgrade in the future and should be able to easily get her into the mid 500s I think. But for now I really like the way she's running.
Going to be working on more suspension upgrades over the next few weeks. Over the winter I plan to take the upper valve train apart and inspect. Will probably look into a new intake, and larger exhaust at that time.
Brother in law is jealous. He has a brand new stock ZL1 and even though its supposedly rated at higher HP it can't keep up with our Gen 5 SS NA LS3. And the LS3 just sounds so much better. My opinion anyways :)

HCI2000SS 07-15-2018 11:40 AM

Good deal. What did they charge you for the tune? I was gonna give them a shot since they aren't too far from me, but the price was insane

Gasoholic 07-15-2018 04:21 PM

Yeah its not cheap. Approx $1000.00.
I went with Livernois because when I was looking for estimates the other places I checked out didn't seem like they were too excited about helping me do what I wanted to do. Lingenfeltors completely blew me off. Never even responded to my requests for an estimate. Another shop by Brighton told me they recommended against it. They wanted to sell me a pro charger set up. Not that I have anything against them. I'm sure they were just being honest. The pro charger set up would have cost me less and made more HP, probably would have taken less time to accomplish, but it isn't what I wanted.
Livernois took me seriously. They worked with me and let me decide, with in reason, what I wanted.
The only thing negative about them was it took so long to get in for the dyno tune. I think they are under staffed in that category. Everything else was top notch.
I would recommend them to others. Just be prepared to have to be patient.

HCI2000SS 07-15-2018 04:26 PM

Yep they wanted $950 for my n/a setup and and a 100 shot, when other reputable shops wanted half that. That's just insane. Glad it ended up good for you

ddnspider 07-17-2018 11:17 AM

I would NOT let them tune my stuff since they use their proprietary tuning stuff and lock out anyone, including you, from modifying even basic parameters. You have to contact them to make any changes or updates.

AndyTA 07-17-2018 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by Gasoholic (Post 19931396)
Finally got her done. Livernois did an excellent job by the way :)
We got 497 RWHP and 496 FT lbs from our NA 419 LS3 stroker.
Not sure how those numbers compare to other similar builds but I'm happy. Theres some items I kept from the OE motor that I can upgrade in the future and should be able to easily get her into the mid 500s I think. But for now I really like the way she's running.
Going to be working on more suspension upgrades over the next few weeks. Over the winter I plan to take the upper valve train apart and inspect. Will probably look into a new intake, and larger exhaust at that time.
Brother in law is jealous. He has a brand new stock ZL1 and even though its supposedly rated at higher HP it can't keep up with our Gen 5 SS NA LS3. And the LS3 just sounds so much better. My opinion anyways :)

Nice!

Whats your compression ratio?
Was this put down through an auto/manual?
What size intake are you running?

Gasoholic 07-18-2018 11:25 AM

This is our 2010 Camaro. It's an LS3 with the Tr 6060.
I am running the stock intake, and injectors. Dyna tech 1 7/8ths long tubes with high flow cats, H pipe and muffler delete. The cats are 3inch in and 2 1/2 out. Then opens back up to 3 inch where I deleted the mufflers.
I'm thinking about going with a FAST intake, and swapping out the cats for 3 inch in and out and replacing the intermediate section to full 3 inches all the way.

On the proprietary tune thing, Im a decent mechanic but I am not confident enough to try making changes to my fuel maps and timing without help. So Im good with working with Livernois.

Gasoholic 07-18-2018 11:26 AM

Oh comp ratio 11.5 to 1

AndyTA 07-18-2018 12:00 PM

Cool! Yea you should easily be in to the mid 500's with some aftermarket heads, and little more aggressive cam profile with a fast 102. Or hell even a fabbed aluminim for half the price.

Plus the exhaust work which you can probably net another 15 to 20 whp.

Gasoholic 07-18-2018 06:17 PM

Already running after market heads.
L92 heads CNC ported. Solid stainless valves with double springs and hardened seats.
Cam is Livernois stage 2C high lift.
Motor is bored and stroked 419 with H beam rods, and all forged internals. Base motor is rated to support 1000HP.
According to my COPO build book the base option 427 COPO specs just slightly over 500hp. So I'm not feeling too bad about my numbers. If my math is correct I'm making close to 580 hp at the crank.
Looking at my dyno sheet torque maxes at 5000 RPMs. HP tops out at 6000 RPMs. Torque curve is decent with good low end torque.
Red line is 6700 RPMs.

Luke19901 07-20-2018 01:38 PM

would have thought that comp, cubes and cam would have continued making power beyond 6000rpm.

something must be choking it up

Gasoholic 08-05-2018 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Luke19901 (Post 19934306)
would have thought that comp, cubes and cam would have continued making power beyond 6000rpm.

something must be choking it up

When I was working on it there were a few items I left on the table for future upgrades. Intake and intermediate exhaust were probably the biggest. And I plan to address them during the next off season....er....maybe.
I'm considering taking on another project and if it goes through I might be putting the gen 5 Camaro on the back burner.
Don't tell my wife but I'm looking at a blown BB gen 3 Camaro ready to race. It's pretty sweet! Would be something to keep me busy for a while. Something I've always wanted to get into :)