LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   PCM Diagnostics & Tuning (https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagnostics-tuning-7/)
-   -   Good and Bad: Car got totaled right after i had it running perfect (https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagnostics-tuning/1904641-good-bad-car-got-totaled-right-after-i-had-running-perfect.html)

Jim Cuff 08-15-2018 03:29 PM

Good and Bad: Car got totaled right after i had it running perfect

Well I finally got my car running and found out that most of my Idle/Surge/EOIT issues were PCV related.

My guys installed the breather backward. the rear driver side port was hooked to my BOV and the passenger side was hooked to atmosphere.
So I had little to no fresh air and it screwed up my idle air for sure.

I made the passenger side go thru my catch can and back to teh TB and the driver side I made a breather. MY IAC dropped from 70-90 down to 30!! I had to readjust my TPS back to stock levels at 0.4V not 0.7V
and most important my O2 sensors started swinging together and they were more rich then lean.

So I leaned out teh tables some more at idle and went closed loop. My swings looks like a solid blue wall sine wave! Perfect swings in all RPM. My idle still had + fuel swings when cold then ran about -2--5% at idle when warmed up. 1200 -2400 rpm had swings all negative from 0-10

My complete O2 MV average was all 450-550MV at all cells for all ranges from idle to 2400 rpm non PE and in PE it goes right to 930mv and hits WB. It is a pretty chart.

Since my PCV was also hooked up to my BOV my boost controller never worked right. Once I had it on vacuum, it worked perfect. I had boost dialed and programmed from 5-10 lbs no problem and it ran strong, idle great and ripped thur cruise into PE no problem. and all small KR just disappeared.

NOW the horrible news. I had a small fender bender that hit my front bumper and airbags deployed after the fact. Car is totaled. I am stripping my setup and controls, FPR, torque arm. I will lose my cam, injectors unless I my shop can pull out quick and my tires and all labor.but I will get a $8k check. I probably had $18k into the whole car including the cost from 3 years ago. The turbo kit,cam and install was $10k probably. I did all the tuning.

I should have 90% of the kit to drop in. Need new headers and injectors and a new car LOL ugh.....

I will sit for a while and wait. Maybe sell my kit. I really will mist teh turbo feel of the large v8. Not sure if I want to go down the long road of this again. Maybe get a car with more power or ready to go and swap might be easier.
Maybe a GTO
Look for another trans am
sell off my parts pocket money for sporty daily next year when my A5 lease is up and get a SRT Challenger (its the only modern cruiser muscle made IMHO since SS, GTO were dropped)
C6 are awesome but turbo kit would be a loss and power is nice but car are $ just to get into plus to get back my trans am power but they are nice and much safer/newer then the trans am

truckdoug 08-15-2018 03:51 PM

if it's not totally smoked ask about buying it back at salvage cost, then go full retard on it

Jim Cuff 08-15-2018 04:43 PM

I will get $7k back and most of turbo system and all my electronics I pulled ls will need new headers and injectors and losing the cam converter andbtranny upgrades though

car needs airbags and front frame work and new hood fender bumper windshield it will be 8-10k to fix 5k for airbags alone

not sure what salvage value is typically? But if I have to pay $4k then pull my motor andbtranny then buy another car I’m in $10k or more again. I’ll miss the bye cam and tranny but ls6 was gonna get tired soon and I wan iron for more boost

i think grab a $800 5.3 put my stuff on it out of the car
find a donor. I have seen trans Am like mine ls1 for $4k buy swap and sell ls1 for $2k probably can get into a new car with cleaner build now that I learned from my mistakes for $8k with more power and cleaner condition car

truckdoug 08-15-2018 05:43 PM

eight to ten grand for a front clip? I need to get back into body work

Lsxford 08-15-2018 09:17 PM

And $5k for airbags?!?! That is ridiculous. Show us the pics of the car, could prob be fixed for $3k max from someone not breaking it off in you.