PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Holley EFI in your F-body info (My experience and install)

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2018, 02:22 PM
9 Second Club

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Holley EFI in your F-body info (My experience and install)

Follow me @sg.sg_ws6 on Instagram for updates

Hey guys,

Just wanted to share my experience with Installing the Holley Hp EFI in my 98 TA it will basically be the same for you 99-02 guys.

I'm pretty sure just like you guys that are reading this have some questions on how one goes about putting it in a stock car or have question on how you get something to work like fuel gauge, trunk, stock key and starter etc. Hopefully I can answer them here. As i had ran into some issue that I could not get answers for but I figured them out.

I will start off with the common questions and answer them. Then after I will put pictures of the connectors.

1. Can you get the stock gauges to work? Short answer is mostly NO. The only gauges that you could get to work is the alternator/coolant maybe oil psi but you Will have to piggy back it somehow and its not worth the effort . Easier to just get the Holley Dash ( that's what I did)

2. Do I need a Holley oil psi sensor or will the stock one work? You will need the Holley 0-100 psi pressure sensor for sure on 99-02s since they are 1 wire and the Holley harness plug is a 3 prong. A 98 oil psi sensor can work but it would have to be scaled. Holley sensors already come pre calibrated in the software for their sensors. Note you will also need the adapter for the sensor so you can screw it into the block. (Autometer 1/8 npt female to 16mmx1.5 male)

3. Can I use the stock wiring/relay for the fuel pump? Yes you can in the C101 connector pin D there is a "fuel pump relay control wire" that the 12v from the holley goes too. Also in the C101 connector pin H "ground" needs to be grounded it supplies the ground to the pump relay.

4. Can I use my stock key or how do i get the starter to work? This one is also pretty Simple In the C101 connector pin A " Vehicle anti-theft system starter enable relay output-coil" this just needs to be grounded. All the key does is allow the ground to pass through so it can start the starter, This also works if your having the security light issue in witch the car does not recognize the key it just by passes the bcm. You will also need to run a 10 gauge wire from the starter wire that you had to unclip from the stock harness it is the biggest single wire connector on the passenger side strut hump should be purple.

5. My trunk now doesn't work key fob or push button latch, but my doors still unlock & lock still with the fob WTF? Well you came to the right place all this needs is a ground connector 230 pin J "(Automatic) Park/Neutral feed from transmission range switch" this is what gives the reply for the trunk the ground it needs.

6. The Infamous how do I get my gas gauge to work? First off you will need an aftermarket gauge a simple one that reads 33-240 ohms on 98s and 0-99 ohms on 99-02s I believe they are reverse sweeped unless your fine with it reading E when full and F when empty( of course i have it E for enough and F for fill me up lol) .Ok this one drove me nuts for a couple days but ended up being simple on Connector C210 pin C "Sensor return" just needs to be grounded. Then on the same Connector pin H goes to your aftermarket fuel gauge. its as simple as that.

7. How do I wire in the Alternator pigtail? This one is again simple just buy the holley pigtail with the built in resistor and tie it into the pink wire on the C101 connector there are several of them that you can use, I have highlighted them into the pictures. These can also be used for the ignition hot on the Holley Harness or what ever you want to use as an ignition key in trigger I believe they are only 15 amp so be careful.

I hope this helps some folks that had question if I can be of anymore help drop a comment and ill try by best to answer it.

Last edited by soloman369; 11-30-2018 at 07:13 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by soloman369:
Darth_V8r (04-08-2021), DWeiser (04-08-2022), owentm3 (10-02-2019)
Old 11-30-2018, 04:48 PM
10 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Thank you for the time to do this. I’m sure it’ll help some folks out that are tackling this swap. I might need it sooner myself
Old 12-02-2018, 07:19 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude! you are the man!!!! putting a dominator in right now and this could not have come at a better time.. I do have one question can you explain the outputs and tell me how tie in the fans?
Old 12-02-2018, 10:30 AM

Received 1,835 Likes on 1,145 Posts

Any pics? With all that tying in does it still look clean?
Old 12-02-2018, 04:45 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Darth_V8r

Ill get you some pics. it still looks clean, I plan on putting the dominator in the factory spot. I have almost all the wires routed

Old 12-02-2018, 08:56 PM
Teching In

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

How did you wire up boost control and 2 step. And did this use up all the I/O or you found a way around that also
Old 12-03-2018, 11:48 AM
TECH Regular

Received 86 Likes on 67 Posts

Use a LS1 vette oil pressure sensor.
Scale is: .5v 0psi - 4.5v 130psi
Old 12-03-2018, 06:14 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by grandsport1963
Dude! you are the man!!!! putting a dominator in right now and this could not have come at a better time.. I do have one question can you explain the outputs and tell me how tie in the fans?
Outputs are to your discretion on how you want to use them. There are some pre-configured inputs and outputs but for the fans you would need to dedicate one of those outputs to trigger the relay for your fans. I had aftermarket fans I did not use the stock fan relays. But if you wanted to use the stock fan relay she would be able to but they don't handle the load that aftermarket fans are meant for.
Old 12-03-2018, 06:18 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Darth_V8r
I don't really have any pictures on my phone but I do have a video on my Instagram where I go to the motor and you can see on the passenger side strut hump. It's basically looks stock I just don't have the C connectors there anymore. I put the computer where the old one used to be
Old 12-03-2018, 06:21 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by SVTFAN09
How did you wire up boost control and 2 step. And did this use up all the I/O or you found a way around that also
I'm using a AEM Tru boost controller. So some of those outputs and inputs are free because of that. I'm only using an input for my two step and and output for my fans. Like I just said the two-step just need an input I just posted a video on Instagram getting it dialed in.
Old 12-03-2018, 06:22 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by badass68
Use a LS1 vette oil pressure sensor.
Scale is: .5v 0psi - 4.5v 130psi
Great info!
Old 12-03-2018, 07:46 PM
TECH Regular

Received 86 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by soloman369
I'm using a AEM Tru boost controller. So some of those outputs and inputs are free because of that. I'm only using an input for my two step and and output for my fans. Like I just said the two-step just need an input I just posted a video on Instagram getting it dialed in.
Why aren’t you using Holley’s boost control? I recommend the dual solenoid setup. It’s awesome!
Old 12-03-2018, 08:12 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by badass68

Why aren’t you using Holley’s boost control? I recommend the dual solenoid setup. It’s awesome!
TBH I don't feel like I need it as of now as I leave off the foot brake on the 2 step. The solenoid from the tru boost is the same as the Holley single port BC if I wanted to I could just wire it in one day.
Old 12-03-2018, 08:16 PM
12 Second Club

I believe you can also use the stock fan relays if you wire a Holley auxiliary harness to the C100 connector, H and J pin. Or at least that's what I'm going try to do. I'm in the middle of a Holley HP EFI install on a 98 z28. I used this to basically wire the fans: http://shbox.com/1/fan_sw_diagram1.jpg

Thank you for your post btw, it's super helpful. I'm using the stock fuel pump relay just like you showed in your post, however I didn't realize I need to ground pin H too. Actually your whole post is awesome because I've been trying to figure out how to get around the BCM issue since my car came gutted without the stock BCM and I had to pull the dash out of another car. #4 will get me through that.
Old 12-03-2018, 08:23 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sube
I believe you can also use the stock fan relays if you wire a Holley auxiliary harness to the C100 connector, H and J pin. Or at least that's what I'm going try to do. I'm in the middle of a Holley HP EFI install on a 98 z28. I used this to basically wire the fans: http://shbox.com/1/fan_sw_diagram1.jpg

Thank you for your post btw, it's super helpful. I'm using the stock fuel pump relay just like you showed in your post, however I didn't realize I need to ground pin H too. Actually your whole post is awesome because I've been trying to figure out how to get around the BCM issue since my car came gutted without the stock BCM and I had to pull the dash out of another car. #4 will get me through that.
the only reason I wouldn't use a stock fan wiring is because aftermarket fans ask for too much load it could burn up the wire
Old 12-03-2018, 08:24 PM
12 Second Club

I hear that, I'm still using the stock fan with my setup. It's just a cammed 6.0
Old 12-03-2018, 08:48 PM
9 Second Club

Ah ok yeah ur gucci
Old 12-04-2018, 09:30 AM
12 Second Club

Have a question on this one:
6. The Infamous how do I get my gas gauge to work? First off you will need an aftermarket gauge a simple one that reads 33-240 ohms on 98s and 0-99 ohms on 99-02s I believe they are reverse sweeped unless your fine with it reading E when full and F when empty( of course i have it E for enough and F for fill me up lol) .Ok this one drove me nuts for a couple days but ended up being simple on Connector C210 pin C "Sensor return" just needs to be grounded. Then on the same Connector pin H goes to your aftermarket fuel gauge. its as simple as that.

Where is connector C210 located? From the research I've done, C210 is for 1993-1997 Fbody's. The closest connector I could find that matches to the picture you provided is Connector C230. I pulled most of my research from this thread: https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...rsion-how.html

Old 12-04-2018, 09:44 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sube
Have a question on this one:

Where is connector C210 located? From the research I've done, C210 is for 1993-1997 Fbody's. The closest connector I could find that matches to the picture you provided is Connector C230. I pulled most of my research from this thread: https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...rsion-how.html

Connector 210 will also be on 98 only F body. But for yours it looks like it would be pin G color gray should be the ground
Old 12-04-2018, 09:47 AM
9 Second Club

Also @Sube stock 98 harnesses have three plugs that go from the inside to the engine bay does yours only have two?

Quick Reply: Holley EFI in your F-body info (My experience and install)