PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can someone give me an idiots guide how to use an LM-1 with NON pro HP tuners

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2019, 06:08 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can someone give me an idiots guide how to use an LM-1 with NON pro HP tuners

I know it's been covered before, but I want to make absolutely sure I get it right and the guides aren't clear to me.

Would someone be good enough to give a step by step guide how to wire in and set up an innovate LM-1 WB02 with a NON pro HP Tuners MPVI2 please?

I'm hoping there's a way the WB can be used in place of one of the stock narrowband sensors so that I don't have to weld in another bung.

It's an LQ9 and P59 PCM by the way,

Thanks guys!
Old 01-26-2019, 10:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Here ya go
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...hp-tuners.html

what isn’t clear to you? Asking in a helpful way not an offensive way. Pretty much instead of putting the voltage signal into the HPtuners pro interface, you put the signal to the AC pressure pig tail or the EGR pigtail
Old 01-29-2019, 03:02 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Sidewaysste
I know it's been covered before, but I want to make absolutely sure I get it right and the guides aren't clear to me.

Would someone be good enough to give a step by step guide how to wire in and set up an innovate LM-1 WB02 with a NON pro HP Tuners MPVI2 please?

I'm hoping there's a way the WB can be used in place of one of the stock narrowband sensors so that I don't have to weld in another bung.

It's an LQ9 and P59 PCM by the way,

Thanks guys!
If your WB has a serial out, you can get a serial to USB adapter to connect to your laptop. I do that even though I have a Pro.
Old 01-29-2019, 12:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

I wired one through the ac pressure switch and found a youtube video that describes exactly how to set it up. Worked perfect.
Old 01-29-2019, 08:12 PM
Teching In

I have mine wired up through the AC Pressure interface. There are three wires on the AC pressure sensor - ground, 5 volt reference and signal. You attach the output from the wideband to the signal wire. You can find the signal wire with a multimeter. The ground wire will have continuity to the engine block with the key off. The 5 volt reference has 5 volts with the key on. The signal wire has neither thing.

Once you have it wired, you have to add a channel for the AC pressure sensor voltage in HP Tuners. Once you connect the wiring, make sure that the AC pressure sensor (wideband) reads 4.5 volts with the key off. That's the full lean reading (usually). From there, you need to create a math parameter to convert the voltage signal being received into an understandable AFR for you. The literature for the wideband should have an equation that converts a given voltage into AFR. For the AEM UEGO unit I used, it was "AFR = (2.3750 * Volts) + 7.3125". When you create the math parameter, you have to switch "Volts" in the equation with the reading from the AC pressure sensor. You do that by selecting the parameter to include in place of the "Volts". It appears as numbers in brackets like this "[2210]". Once you have the custom parameter specified, you can graph it and display it in charts by clicking on the "User Defined" section.
Old 02-03-2019, 09:07 AM
9 Second Club

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Lethalwx69
If your WB has a serial out, you can get a serial to USB adapter to connect to your laptop. I do that even though I have a Pro.
This!!

I was going to use the AC pressure switch as well until I figured out I could just use the serial out on the WB direct to the PC and then just config the external channel with the WB you are using.

Here is my thread asking the same question you did and the help I got.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagn...thout-pro.html
Old 02-04-2019, 09:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Is there a reason you do this? Does serial provide more accurate readings?
Old 02-05-2019, 08:54 AM
Staging Lane

The AFR signal was super fuzzy while connected via 5V output wire. The serial out cleared it up, also it's as accurate as you can get.
Old 02-05-2019, 10:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

The AFR signal was super fuzzy while connected via 5V output wire. The serial out cleared it up, also it's as accurate as you can get.
Is this pic from using the 5v output wire or the serial connection? I'm guessing 5v, as that is what my wideband looks like lol
Old 02-05-2019, 04:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 545 Likes on 425 Posts

i use the serial also hooked to my usb port. easy. accurate. no wiring required. and i can use my ac while i tune. haha
Old 02-07-2019, 12:34 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TXjeepTJ
Is this pic from using the 5v output wire or the serial connection? I'm guessing 5v, as that is what my wideband looks like lol
Yes, the 5v output. Even with key on engine off the AFR was jumping around on the scanner. Once switched over to serial out, it's spot on.