Notices
PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Diablo | Pantera EFI

STIT # Keeps Climbing!!! Help!

Old 01-31-2019, 07:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default STIT # Keeps Climbing!!! Help!

So, I'm trying to help a buddy out with his truck. The truck came to me set up and running as a SD tune. LTFT, and STFT were both shut off.

He had another shop do the wiring on it and they supposedly fixed some issues with his O2 sensors not working. So far I've been able to tune the VE table using my W/B O2 sensor by normal methods-turn off MAF, turn of LTFT & STFT, etc;.

Now, I'm trying to tune the RAF tables using the vehicles N/B O2 sensors. I have the correct channels and histograms set up in HP Tuners. The problem is sitting at idle, the STIT will not stop climbing! The truck starts, and idles in gear with the current RAF #'s but if you start the VCM scanner and start logging and watch the STIT the numbers go POSITIVE and will continue to climb for as long as you let the truck idle. My RAF #'s for The 199 degree range are 12.5 in the editor and the truck idles there... However, if I watch the VCM scanner while it is logging the numbers got as high as 25 and were still climbing when I just shut it off out of frustration.

I have all adaptive idle #'s shut off or zeroed out, LTFT shut off, and I've cleared LTFT data in the VCM scanner controls.. Is there something simple I'm over-looking?

Here's the other weird part... I tried the 25# in the tune just to see if it would idle.. And it does.. So, the truck will idle with 12.5, or 25 in the 199 degree column with the engine at 201.. It makes NO SENSE to me how this is possible. Please someone tell me I'm overlooking something simple.
Old 01-31-2019, 08:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Forgot to mention data logging in P/N works perfectly and I get #'s that are accurate in the tune, and on the VCM scanner. It's only when I'm trying to log IN GEAR that everything goes to ****.

Search this Thread

About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: