LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   PCM Diagnostics & Tuning (https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagnostics-tuning-7/)
-   -   Wideband placement - Holley Dominator - 1 or 2 (https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagnostics-tuning/1915301-wideband-placement-holley-dominator-1-2-a.html)

Justa6MB 02-15-2019 12:59 PM

Wideband placement - Holley Dominator - 1 or 2

I bought a Holley Terminator kit and it came with a bosch sensor. Here is my dilemma. I've read the NTK sensors are recommended for turbo and race fuel applications. But...I have 3 new LSU4.2 sensors so I thought I could run 2 sensors in the header/manifolds before they merge. I have the LJMS dual 2.5" T6 mount. However then I found out everybody says you can't run that sensor with Holley... My downpipe is only about 36" long and I wasn't wanting to put one in there cuz well 2 would be better. I don't really want to drop $700 on the J2A harness and 2 NTK sensors. Has anyone ever tried actually running the LSU4.2 sensor? I thought about putting it in and wiring it up, but telling the ecu to read off the genuine Holley sensor. And I could watch them both to see how they react. Even swap sensors to verify? But if they absolutely simply don't work I'd like to know. IF that's the case and I run a single after the turbo, can it be 12-18" from turbo and 18" from discharge?

LilJayV10 02-19-2019 02:35 PM

Holley calibrates their WB02 sensors and have a resistor in them.

you have to run their WB02 sensors..if that's what you are asking.

Justa6MB 02-19-2019 02:47 PM

Well I supppse that was the question in a long story haha. Was hoping to hear someone say they tried it and it absolutely will not work. I will run the single Holley sensor for now and change it out to 2
NTK’s when I’ve got money burning a hole in my pocket.

LilJayV10 02-19-2019 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Justa6MB (Post 20050616)
Well I supppse that was the question in a long story haha. Was hoping to hear someone say they tried it and it absolutely will not work. I will run the single Holley sensor for now and change it out to 2
NTK’s when I’ve got money burning a hole in my pocket.

haha. ok. that's the best I could figure out when I read your post.

You can swap out "just about" every part on a Holley system with some sort of OE or aftermarket part, TPS, MAP, etc. However the WB02 is not one of them. We talked about this quite a bit in the Holley EFI dealer tuning class.

Also, a good rule of them is,

Before you start a new project for the first time, leave the 02 sensor unhooked, make sure the correct 02 sensor is selected in the tune, flash it, shut key off and then hook the 02 up
2nd. If you are changing the type of 02 sensor, from Bosch to NTK or vise versa, make sure the WB02 is unhooked, upload your tune, key off, hook the sensor up.

Reason is the wiring for the 2 sensors are backwards of each other. If you have the wrong WB02 sensor selected, there is a high probability you will burn it up immediately or it will fail quickly.

Holley puts all sorts of warnings/stickers in their manuals and packaging but I just wanted to throw that out there.

Justa6MB 02-19-2019 04:19 PM

Good to know, thanks.