Go Back  LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion > LS1-LS2-LS3-LS6-LS7 PERFORMANCE > PCM Diagnostics & Tuning
Reload this Page >

HPTuners...Can you "switch back" to NORMAL OS after doing a 3 bar SD conversion?

Notices
PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Diablo

HPTuners...Can you "switch back" to NORMAL OS after doing a 3 bar SD conversion?

Old 05-21-2019, 09:07 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question HPTuners...Can you "switch back" to NORMAL OS after doing a 3 bar SD conversion?

Car is a 2000 Trans Am with a 2002 Silverado PCM...I guess because car has/had a 6.0 and 4L80E and it may have been a way around or something??

Car WAS turbocharged, but now it is NOT...so I have absolutely no need to still have a 3 bar SD setup.

Anyway, it has a 3 BAR SPEED DENSITY (RTT) OS now, and I have TWO questions regarding that...

1.) Since this is a SPEED DENSITY specific operating system, I "assume" the MAF is hard coded OUT of the equation...if that is the case, should/would I be able to simply RE-ENABLE the MAF settings, if I wanted to run a MAF meter now???

if NOT,

2.) Can I do a WRITE ENTIRE or something, to go back to a traditional MAF/VE setup???

The reason for these questions, is that turbo is long gone, and I have tried, unsuccessfully to run a conventional MAF/VE setup using what I have

Here is what I currently have....

Old 05-23-2019, 09:09 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't you just create a new tune using the normal 1Bar OS?
Old 05-23-2019, 03:55 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by baSICK5.0 View Post
Can't you just create a new tune using the normal 1Bar OS?
There is no option that I can see, ro just "go back and start over"...if I click on OS on left side up top, the box is blank because it was converted to the 3 bar...
Old 05-23-2019, 05:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive flashed mine to a COS for the real time tuning. Ive flashed it back. Ive flashed it to a 2 bar. And flashed it back. HOWEVER!!!!! YOU MUST HAVE THE original tune that the COS was created from. When you go to flash a COS, you are prompted to save your regular tune, rename the COS and then write entire. All I did was write entire back to my regular OS.

This probably isnt of any help if you dont have that original file. I'd try and track it down tho. Or you may be getting another ecm and starting over. See if theres any info on the hp tuners forum. Or email them. They may a stock file, I never trust the repository for stock files.
Old 05-23-2019, 09:44 PM
11 Second Club

Guessing I am screwed then. There is no tracking down the original tune. Car was originally tuned halfway across the country, and previous owner was no help either.

Thanks for the replies.
Old 05-23-2019, 11:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rel3rd View Post
Guessing I am screwed then. There is no tracking down the original tune. Car was originally tuned halfway across the country, and previous owner was no help either.

Thanks for the replies.
Is a used ecm expensive for your car?
Old 05-23-2019, 11:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Just find a stock 2000 ta OS license it and write it to your pcm. Cost 100 in credits but it's the cheapest option I think.
Old 05-30-2019, 06:06 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Kfxguy View Post
Is a used ecm expensive for your car?
Originally Posted by MY_2K_Z View Post
Just find a stock 2000 ta OS license it and write it to your pcm. Cost 100 in credits but it's the cheapest option I think.
I have unlimited 2000 and 2002 F body LS1 (and 2002 truck) licenses, so I think/hope that means I could get off pretty easily there.

A friend runs a junkyard and says he has a pcm to fit my car...right now it has a 2002 6.0/4l80e truck OS, (converted to SD 3 bar), I guess rather than segment swapping?
Old 06-02-2019, 09:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If you have unlimited just go to the tune repository and license a stock file then write entire.
Old 06-03-2019, 05:45 AM
11 Second Club

Question

Originally Posted by MY_2K_Z View Post
If you have unlimited just go to the tune repository and license a stock file then write entire.
Thanks. That is what I was trying to find out...If it was just that simple, or if I needed to jump through a few hoops.

I have a brand new ZL1 3 bar MAP sensor mounted in front, top of my LS2 intake.
I "assume" that I can still use it, and still use the same calibration numbers I have currently, and that it will just not show anything in the tune above 105kPa, since it will no longer be anything other than a "standard" MAF/VE, 1 bar tune/OS? Is that correct?

Search this Thread

About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: