Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAF problems?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 06:41 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAF problems?

Well, got an SES code two days ago. Ugh...same time that my reverse started acting up Anyways, I replaced the MAF, reset and still am getting a code. So, plugged in the scanner and saw that I was getting 31g p/s. Hmmm...unplugged the MAF and the same thing. Suspected it might be the PCM, so I pulled the connections. A little grubby, so I cleaned it up and reset again. Same thing. Any idears?
Old 10-14-2005, 06:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ChicagoTransAm
Any idears?
how bout posting this in the tuning section?
Old 10-14-2005, 07:53 PM
TECH Resident

Is it hard to go into reverse? If so, your ENG SES fuse is blown. Replace it. Something is causing it to blow. When mine kept blowing, turned out the passenger o2 was shorting out on the exhaust, and once i fixed that, no more problems. Check that out, hope it helps.
Old 10-15-2005, 01:32 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by MattIROC
Is it hard to go into reverse? If so, your ENG SES fuse is blown. Replace it. Something is causing it to blow. When mine kept blowing, turned out the passenger o2 was shorting out on the exhaust, and once i fixed that, no more problems. Check that out, hope it helps.
YOU ARE THE MAN MAN! Not sure what caused it to blow, but I'll be damned....it's blown. My O2 sensors seem ok (the driver side is really tight against the heat shield though and has chafed through the black netting on the wires)....so that might be my problem. Just don't know how to fix it yet
Old 10-17-2005, 06:25 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ChicagoTransAm
YOU ARE THE MAN MAN! Not sure what caused it to blow, but I'll be damned....it's blown. My O2 sensors seem ok (the driver side is really tight against the heat shield though and has chafed through the black netting on the wires)....so that might be my problem. Just don't know how to fix it yet
you need to make sure its nowhere near the header or anything else. Mine is tiestraped at the top so it kinda hangs down a little and its nowhere near anything. Replace the fuse, and clear all your codes and get that o2 fixed properly and you'll be set.