PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hey guys, im getting 9mpg, im gettin the car atapd, anything i should look for?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2004, 06:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default hey guys, im getting 9mpg, im gettin the car atapd, anything i should look for?

Anything, i know to look for ltrims or whatnot, as it stands now, im almost at the 3/4 mark, which is about 12 gallons on my gas gauge, i only have 93 miles!! Is there a way he send me the atap file and i can show you guys?? also the o2 sensors should read constant at constant throttle right?? at over 1.05 a litre Canadien, which is what, 3.40 us a gallon, i cant afford this. So ill have him send me the file and i can give it to one of the experts here and they can tell me whats wrong, no codes have been thrown. This all started with a bad cat code, i got the cat replaced by the dealership and gas mileage still kept going down, im at 9mpg, but this tank i might hit 8mpg, with easy driving. thanks guys!

PS Im not a newbie by any means, the car has a full tuneup, new front o2s last 4k, new wires, new fluids all around. its 2000 z28 6speed, with 43k miles
Old 10-24-2004, 07:21 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 92SilverSHO
Anything, i know to look for ltrims or whatnot, as it stands now, im almost at the 3/4 mark, which is about 12 gallons on my gas gauge, i only have 93 miles!! Is there a way he send me the atap file and i can show you guys?? also the o2 sensors should read constant at constant throttle right?? at over 1.05 a litre Canadien, which is what, 3.40 us a gallon, i cant afford this. So ill have him send me the file and i can give it to one of the experts here and they can tell me whats wrong, no codes have been thrown. This all started with a bad cat code, i got the cat replaced by the dealership and gas mileage still kept going down, im at 9mpg, but this tank i might hit 8mpg, with easy driving. thanks guys!

PS Im not a newbie by any means, the car has a full tuneup, new front o2s last 4k, new wires, new fluids all around. its 2000 z28 6speed, with 43k miles
Do you smell gas while you are in the car? Are you leaking? What was wrong with your cat? Are you sure they didn't need to replace the other cat?
Old 10-24-2004, 08:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

ok we just ataped it, hes gonna send me the file but heres the deal, my car at any kind of partial throttle is reading +5-+8, then at WOT, its around 2-3+. at idle, im around -2. So basically, hes saying, at WOT im drinking less gas than at partial throttle normal driving. My o2s at WOT were right around .89-.9 on both banks. OK guys, my car is just a lid/cutout car, Any ideas what could cause this. Basically after a certain TPS percentage, the car says CL, under 70%, Only after that it says OL. Whats going on here guys? me and my buddy are stumped! my ECT reads at 190-194, so how can that thing say im going in close loop under a certain throttle position? I really need someone to analyze it once he sends it to me. Sometimes around 1500 i would get 4 degrees of KR and at upper 4200+. Its driving me nuts since my car is stock pretty much and the problem kinda happen gradually over the past couple months.

Last edited by 92SilverSHO; 10-24-2004 at 09:13 PM.
Old 10-25-2004, 01:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hey guys, i have my EFI LIVE runs on file if anyone wants to take a look.
Old 10-25-2004, 03:58 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 92SilverSHO
Hey guys, i have my EFI LIVE runs on file if anyone wants to take a look.
Post them somewhere.
Old 10-25-2004, 07:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

i have them on my computer but noone to host them