PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0121 (TPS) after LS6 manifold swap?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 04:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default P0121 (TPS) after LS6 manifold swap?

So I swapped my LS1 for an LS6 manifold today and now I'm getting the TPS code. All I did was disconnect all the wires from the throttle body and then remove the throttle body during the install. I reinstalled the same throttle body w/o touching the TPS and now I'm getting this. One thing I just remembered is that I didn't disconnect the battery when I did the swap. Would this have caused it?
Thanks in advance
Old 01-30-2005, 12:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

doesn't anyone know why this is coming up? I deleted it at autozone and after driving for about a day or two the damn code came back again. This is the stock TB, and stock TPS...what gives?
Old 01-30-2005, 01:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well what you can start out doing is to reset the learned closed throttle position. Just unplug your TPS sensor and turn the key on. Then shut off the key and open the drivers door. Wait about 10 sec. and turn the key back on. Shut the key off and open door again. Then finally turn the key on and plug the sensor back on. If that doesn't clear up your problem then it could be from the LS6 manifold flows more air causing the throttle to be openned less and throws off the predicted to actual throttle position and this is why the code sets.
Old 01-30-2005, 01:47 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Red99TA
doesn't anyone know why this is coming up? I deleted it at autozone and after driving for about a day or two the damn code came back again. This is the stock TB, and stock TPS...what gives?

I copied this from the HP tuner help file. Maybe you have a vaccum leak causing a different MAP reading than before. Hope it helps.

Nick

P0121 - TPS Performance

The VCM will calculate an expected TPS position in two MAP ranges. If the MAP is less than MinMAP then it will use one table to calculated expected TPS, if MAP is greater than MaxMAP it will use a different TPS calculation table. To disable this test set MinMAP to 0 and MaxMAP to 100.

P0121 Max MAP:
P0121 Min MAP:

Quick Reply: P0121 (TPS) after LS6 manifold swap?