PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Some Ideas - Idle Went Nuts On Me

Old 03-18-2005, 06:43 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need Some Ideas - Idle Went Nuts On Me

I installed a 12 bolt with 3.73's last weekend. Rained like hell for 3 days. Yesterday the weather cleared so I drove the TA. Halfway to work, the ABS INOP & TCS OFF lights come on. I kind of expected this as I had not updated my tune for the new gears. Car drive's fine otherwise.

When I leave work, the ABS INOP and TCS OFF lights are still on. About 5 minutes into my warm up, the Idle jumps to about 1200 RPM, a few seconds later, 1500 RPM, over the course of the next minute, I'm Idling about 2k RPM.

I cleared all the DTC's (had a few for the break controller and VSS) but none of the lights cleared. Shut down the engine, waited about 30 seconds and restarted, all the lights cleared and the car idled at 1200 RPM. Over 1 minutes time, I'm back up to 1500 RPM. The whole time I'm keeping an eye on my FTC's - while the car was not idling normaly, i was in FTC 22 or 4.

I restarted the car again and by full operating temp, I was idling at 1200 - Figured I would just live with it. 3 blocks from work, the car jumped up to 1500. I eased the clutch out to knock this down some and it killed the motor. I restarted and the car idles fine since then. I expected the ABS INOP and TCS OFF lights to come on during my ride home, but they never did.

ANY IDEAS???
Old 03-18-2005, 09:20 AM
Ozz
Launching!

If you have a scanner what does the TPS% read? it sounds like your TPS is the issue. As far as the other DTCs are you sure you plugged the ABS/TCS connectors back in when you were messing with the rearend?
Old 03-18-2005, 12:43 PM
TECH Junkie

I double checked all the connections that evening, everything was back in. I'll pull up the log files and touble check TPS, but to the best of my memory it was swinging pretty bad 0-100%. This isn't the first time this has happened.

Search this Thread