Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help Now, Tuning Racetronix Injectors

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 12:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Need Help Now, Tuning Racetronix Injectors

ok i am ready to ship my racetronix injectors back. the car idles shitty still, it stumbles when given gas, its rediculous. it was getting better but now it wont get any better than i have it now. i am just getting so fed up with this

someone out here has to have tried to get a car to run on 38# injectors and been successful at it. i need some help and of the thousands of people on this forum i would hope someone coudl help me

damn racetronix just says, it needs to be tuned, well no ****. if they sell a product i would hope they could help you. they have been totally worthless with me on the fuel pump and injectors

i have tried to change the tables to make the o2 sensors oscillate some more. that has done nothing. i tried to get in touch with keith about this at hp tuners and he read what i sent but sent nothign back to try and help. all changes were made in the open and closed loop to the base, idle base vs airflow tables. i really need some help with this im about to just put the stock injectors back in there and say screw this.
Old 03-25-2005, 01:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WS6FirebirdTA00
i have tried to change the tables to make the o2 sensors oscillate some more. that has done nothing. i tried to get in touch with keith about this at hp tuners and he read what i sent but sent nothign back to try and help. all changes were made in the open and closed loop to the base, idle base vs airflow tables. i really need some help with this im about to just put the stock injectors back in there and say screw this.
Yout don't mention anything about the IFR tables. I assume you adjusted the Injector Flow Rate tables for the new injectors and are now trying to "fine" tune it? (Sorry if I missed some previous posts...)

--Bill
Old 03-25-2005, 01:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This might be stating the really obvious, but here goes anyway...have you adjusted the ifr table for larger injectors (under the tab General Fuel)? If I'm reading your post right, you don't need to be messing with the idle airflow (the idle Airflow tab) or screwing around with the base calibration for your o2 sensors. Just my .02 cents, good luck with your problem.
Old 03-25-2005, 01:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i didnt mess with idle air flow only closed loop to get the oscillations of the o2s better. i have done this before to get the tuning better, along with others.

yes ifr table has been calculated out for the current injectors. i know this calculation is right because if i put the stock injectors in i get the stock table.

i just look, some other guy had the same problem. i put the old injectors back in the car and the racetronix ones were about the width of an o-ring shorter and dont go into the fuel rail like the stockers did. he had the same injectors and went to 30# and hte car was fine.

wonder if its ANOTHER racetronix problem. seems like their last batch of fuel pumps has a check valve problem