PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mail order tune or New dyno tune?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 10:42 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mail order tune or New dyno tune?

I'm kinda in a jam and I can't make up my mind on what well be the best choice. Within the next month my engine well be back in and I'm going to need a tune. There are no dyno's in my area and the closes ones are a good 3-4 hours away. So, I was just planning on getting a mail order tune for now and later this summer go and get a dyno tune. Well, come to find out on May 1st their is going to be a dyno-jet opening up like 10 minutes from my house. They have a big sign up, saying they well be doing Air to Fuel tunes. I was wondering should I change it and go ahead and get a dyno from these people that are just opening up and have no history? Or should I just stick with the mail order tune for now?

Thanks, Cory
Old 04-08-2005, 02:56 PM
11 Second Club

you cant beat a real dyno tune.. but then again you never know with a new company.. I myself would take the chance with the dyno tune. If they cant get it perfect the first time, you can easily go back for small changes and check ups.. If you mail it in.. it wont be perfect and you know that. I would rather take the chance that it might get it right, than to know for sure its not going to be.. Not to dog on companies that do mail order tunes, I'm sure they do the best they can, but every car is different.
Old 04-08-2005, 04:03 PM
Launching!

Yea i know what you mean. I never really wanted to do a mail order tune but i don't have the stuff to do it myself, so it was the best way at the time. I'm going to go check the place out frist then i'm going to make my choice. And thanks for your input!