PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

forced induction tuning question.

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 03:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default forced induction tuning question.

putting on the physical parts for the turbo isnt a issue... but i would like to drive the car as im finalizing the tune... im doing everything myself with HPtuners...

heres my question.

lets pretend i have the following already done to my car:

new bigger injectors
walbro 255 pump
manifold pressure refrenced regulator
phamspeed budget turbo kit (or similar) supplying the boost

so i have the bigger injectors compensated for in the table (now constant across due to the new regulator)

other then that, at low boost levels where the MAF can still see it, is there additional tuning REQUIRED to drive the car??

in otherwords, i could bolt it on, and putt around without worry of going super lean? i understand tweeking the timing and tweeking the fueling would help some, but its still going to be running "safe"??
or do i have to goto a diffrent spart curve, add fueling above a specific #, ect..... before its safe to drive?

so my question being, will it hurt the motor running the stock tune... im not a tuning expert... i know the basics, but questions will pop up, and it will be a slow process.... while im doing that, or even before i start doing that, i would like to drive the car....

at low boost thats pushing air within the MAFs range, will the stock (injector corrected) tune hurt the motor?

i understand this isnt going to be a yes/no answer... im expecting "xxx" needs to be done... or at the very least somthing like "the timing will be too advanced" or "you need to take care of XXX"

anyone?