Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

have stock car and hp tuners,should i check my VE or leave it alone

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 09:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default have stock car and hp tuners,should i check my VE or leave it alone

I have a stock 2000 ws6 and just got hp tuners and wanted to know if my ve would be worth messing with or just leave it alone.Also i have some kr when i go WOT and am going to eliminate that but can i also add some timing down low in the revs to try and restore some torque.let me know what you think
Old 05-20-2005, 08:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

It is not hard to do VE and I had fun. If you had kr with stock engine find out y. There should be none. You should set timing to 27degs with no kr. If u get a wideband O2 you should be able to lean it out some and pick up HP.
Old 05-20-2005, 08:33 AM
TECH Addict

I keep hearing about a TSB regarding the '00 f-bodies running lean from the factory. My suggestion would be to do a VE tune to fix what the factory may have screwed up. That may eliminate the KR in the process. Then you can start playing with your timing. As stated earlier, find a way to get some time on a wideband O2 so you're not guessing. G/L
Old 05-20-2005, 08:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

As far as the learning curve goes, it's a good idea to start out playing with it while your setup is mild enough to where YOU DON'T HAVE TO MESS WITH IT. Alot of people get their internals all fixed up and then try to tackle VE tuning but have limited experience with it. At this stage, you can do many things to your VE that won't disrupt your driveability and you could stand to learn alot.

Before you make any changes, do some logging that way you will be able to determine whether or not you need to make any changes. And there is no rule of thumb with timing, so 27 degrees may or may not net you positive results. Besides, 99-00 start out with 27-28 degrees at WOT anyway. And from the factory, for a stock setup, your MAF controls the airflow metering anyway, and is most of the time pretty dead on. Log in MAF mode and see where and if you are having problems.
Old 05-20-2005, 05:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

i will do some good logging tommorow and find out .the only probs i saw before was kr at full throttle almost the whole way to 5800 rpm and i do not want that.i will mess with the ve to get some experience and practice.i do have a bg ram air kit and lid so i am getting good cold air.When i was logging before it was about 60 degrees outside and my IAT sensor never got above 61.The bg ram air definitely works.I hope its not causing my kr.I figured it should help it if anything.i will be getting a wideband next year cuz i have hp tuners IO.Wont be doing any more modding till next year at the earliest anyways.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:43 PM
Launching!

What tables are changed in the spark advance tab for timing adjustments? Just got my tech edge 2co........I want learn more about it.