PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

gonna try to get a wide band, whoever has them come in please

Old 05-30-2005, 08:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default gonna try to get a wide band, whoever has them come in please

ive been searching and see LM-1 a lot, would this be a good choice? prices i have seen have been ~$350 so if anyone knows a better place to get them let me know.

i am jsut wondering how i will have to put this in my exhaust. i take it i have to get a bung welded into it but im not sure where it has to go, i didnt find much on this. i have LT headers.

also would i beable to use this pretty well without getting the hp tuners interface? im trying to save up some money so i dont want to spend too much into this right now but i want something to better tune WOT (my dad would be driving and i would be looking at the info) i know its better to have it all recorded, i had to deal with info on the predator that didnt record lol. should i just wait until i want to pay for the interface? also, how do you guys wire these up? and do you just leave them on the cars hooked up or do you take them out?
Old 05-30-2005, 09:10 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a TechEdge one, but I chose the DIY kit and hand built it since Im not to shabby with a soldering iron. I like it cause it was alot cheaper and the program allows me to calibrate the O2 sensor and the O2 only runs about $35 since its a Bosch O2 that is used in a VW car.

Dixit
Old 05-30-2005, 09:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Whats the point of getting a wideband sensor if you can't tune w/it? It will only help so much if you have to be looking at two different program's readings. Get the interface upgrade, after all the money you've spent on mods 150 bucks for the interface upgrade is chump change.
Old 05-30-2005, 09:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

im not saying its not cheap, i just dont have the money right now to spend on it. this was the main reason of the post, i didnt think that it would help much without the interface, but didnt know if it would help out somewhat if i could keep an eye on it while my dad went wide open. i guess ill just go off the o2s until i can spend the money on the wideband and interface.

who has the best deals on widebands? or should i just keep an eye out in the gp?

id still like to know about the hook up/installation, i couldnt get any search results to show much of that.
Old 05-30-2005, 09:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

i run a wideband w/o even hptuners right now(sold it in anticipation of v2.0). You CAN pay attention to it while driving or going WOT. It can be useful to give you a broad sense of where your tune is at and what you need to do. But nothing like you will have if you get the interface.

There are a couple posts around about the installation, foff667 and jimmyblue both posted up pics of nice boxes they made for the EIO interface. HPTuners website should have something as well in their forums.
Old 05-30-2005, 09:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

ok ill try to seach for their posts, thanks
Old 05-30-2005, 10:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am running a DYNO JET WIDEBAND. Works great have used it to dial in my tune as well has a stand alone bung for the sensor which is installed in the I pipe. System reacts great, has many features as well full recording and loging as well. Can even set up min and max A/F ratios which will trun on a warning light with in the indicator. Unit can even be set up to control 2 switched outputs for rpm activation, NOS, Meth, Ect. I believe there is even a boost recording function off of a 2 bar map.

Yes it was a bit price but well worth the money.

Search this Thread