Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Here's a wierd one, fans come on all the time since wideband hookup

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 03:28 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Here's a wierd one, fans come on all the time since wideband hookup

Here's what happened, I hooked my wideband commander 5v analolg output into my A/C pressure sensor on the computer. It works fine but now the fan is on soon as I start the car up. The computer thinks the A/C is on. I have messed with the settings in edit and I cant get them not to come on. Anyone know how to make the them fans not come on with the ac? the computer is a 98

Thanks
Frank
Old 05-31-2005, 05:46 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why don't you just change your power supply
Old 05-31-2005, 05:56 PM
9 Second Club

what do you mean?
Old 05-31-2005, 08:11 PM
9 Second Club

The 12v source is always there, it is switched from a neg. output from the computer. The computer now thinks that the a/c is on(since I wired my wideband into the a/c pressure input so I can log on efilive) and switches that neg output on. I'm just trying to figure out a way in edit to make it so that the fans don't come on with the a/c. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks
Frank
Old 05-31-2005, 08:44 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Boosted One
The 12v source is always there, it is switched from a neg. output from the computer. The computer now thinks that the a/c is on(since I wired my wideband into the a/c pressure input so I can log on efilive) and switches that neg output on. I'm just trying to figure out a way in edit to make it so that the fans don't come on with the a/c. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks
Frank
Upgrade to the new EFILIVE interface , it can connect directly to 2 widebands or similar inputs and 1 thermocouple input as std.

Saves trying to mess with the PCM.

Just the new datalogging and mapping makes it worthwhile.
Old 06-01-2005, 02:31 PM
9 Second Club

I got it fixed guys. In case anyone ever runs into this again what happened was I tapped the wideband output into the factory pcm a/c pressure sensor wires then made a custom pid with efilive. The problem was once I did that the computer thought there was ac pressure and that the a/c was on, so it kicked the fans on even when the ect was cold. What I ended up doing was zeroing out the fan disable MPH under the system calibration tab. So if anyone ever runs into this there's your fix.

Frank