Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have a F13 HP file?

Old 06-08-2005, 10:27 AM
ESR
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have a F13 HP file?

Usually only tune my turbo car and the cam is not that big. If anyone has a file bin for this futural f13 cam would you be willing to email it to me? The help is appriciated. ericvasquez79@yahoo.com

Eric
Old 06-08-2005, 01:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Id love to see one dialed in for an f13. Its such a popular cam. Most people just keep the stock one and do the .60 .80 .90 for the first three ve cols and log and tweek the rest themselves. You could also see how similar you can find at the .bin repository. But then you have to know if its a trustworthy tune or not.
Old 06-08-2005, 10:06 PM
11 Second Club

ttt would also like to see this.. someone must have something.. It would be appreciated
Old 06-08-2005, 10:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Here, you guys can take a look at mine and mess around with it...

http://my.fit.edu/~adonate/public/TURO.bin

The tune isn't perfect, the MAF table needs some small tweaking (its close, but not there yet), and I need a wideband to dial in the PE properly at WOT. If you see anything else I should change let me know .
Old 06-09-2005, 08:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Turo, you, sir, are the man.

What are your mods?

Did you do a SD tune before the maf? Its the VE table that im worried about most I guess.

Thanks man!
Old 06-09-2005, 08:54 AM
ESR
LS1TECH Sponsor

Turo I have a wide band Lm-1 Ill look at it on this car and see how yours fairs. Im being lazy about tuning it so I figured I d find a base tune and work with it. My buddies car with the f13 is going to be on a mustang dyno on sat so Ill probably foward on the PE table so your tune can be pretty close. Also what are your mods again ? 6speed or auto?

Originally Posted by Turo
Here, you guys can take a look at mine and mess around with it...

http://my.fit.edu/~adonate/public/TURO.bin

The tune isn't perfect, the MAF table needs some small tweaking (its close, but not there yet), and I need a wideband to dial in the PE properly at WOT. If you see anything else I should change let me know .
Old 06-09-2005, 09:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Have I ever told you guys how much I love you?!? Seriously, youre timing is perfect, as my cam is going in this weekend. I dont have wideband, and whats more my o2 sensors are throwing codes and I dont have replacements yet so tuning might prove harder that usual this weekend. It would be a huge timesaver to rip a couple of tables from your bins. [Assuming that ESR would be kind enough to share his findings]

THANKS
Old 06-09-2005, 09:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by GuitsBoy
Turo, you, sir, are the man.

What are your mods?

Did you do a SD tune before the maf? Its the VE table that im worried about most I guess.

Thanks man!
Mods: F13 cam (duh ), lid, bellows, FRA, home-ported tb, jet-hot longtubes, 2.5" true-duals. The car is a 6-speed. I already modified the VE table to get the fuel-trims in line in SD, they are dead-on. I am now messing with the MAF table, im using redhardsupra's spreadsheet, its close but still needs some fine tuning (I may use soundengineer's spreadsheet to fine tune it).

Originally Posted by ESR
Turo I have a wide band Lm-1 Ill look at it on this car and see how yours fairs. Im being lazy about tuning it so I figured I d find a base tune and work with it. My buddies car with the f13 is going to be on a mustang dyno on sat so Ill probably foward on the PE table so your tune can be pretty close. Also what are your mods again ? 6speed or auto?
Sure, try it, I'd love to know what my WOT A/F is. I don't know if my tune will have the same exact effect on another car though (unless maybe we have the same exact mods ).

Originally Posted by GuitsBoy
Have I ever told you guys how much I love you?!?
No, I dont think you have

The tune is pretty good, I have the VE table dialed in, running ~28* timing at WOT, MAF table is almost dialed in (might finish that this weekend), the idle has been raised, and a few other small things (fan temps, deleted cats, no skip-shift, etc...). The 2 main things I need are to fine-tune teh A/F at WOT and the throttle cracker/follower (when slowing down sometimes, the rpm's hang at around 1200-1300 until I am at a complete stop). The car runs great though, I love this cam

EDIT: Forgot to add, I adjusted the throttle body screw and opened it up just a bit to get the cam to idle nicely @ 900 rpms.

Last edited by Turo; 06-09-2005 at 09:22 AM.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:23 AM
ESR
LS1TECH Sponsor

Default tune

hmm....my buddies car has pacesetter long tubes, ls6 intake, ported tb, lid, bellows, 6spd, and yes the f13 cam and its a 2001 to boot. You even have the humid muggy weather like houston which is killing my turbo camaro. lets see today its a high of 92 and feels like a hundred. so I think his should be pretty much the same he descreened the maf though only diff yeah Ill send it back to turo and he can post it or at least see if its any better than his tune

Mods: F13 cam (duh ), lid, bellows, FRA, home-ported tb, jet-hot longtubes, 2.5" true-duals. The car is a 6-speed. I already modified the VE table to get the fuel-trims in line in SD, they are dead-on. I am now messing with the MAF table, im using redhardsupra's spreadsheet, its close but still needs some fine tuning (I may use soundengineer's spreadsheet to fine tune it).

Sure, try it, I'd love to know what my WOT A/F is. I don't know if my tune will have the same exact effect on another car though (unless maybe we have the same exact mods ).

Old 06-09-2005, 09:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Ive got the same mods as both of you + gears and hogged out MAF. Ive got a stock MAF ill probably use to tune with first though. What can I do to help out with the tune?
Old 06-09-2005, 09:30 AM
ESR
LS1TECH Sponsor

So is your maf hogged out? or just descreened? Ill probably leave the MAF table stock since its only descreened.

The tune is pretty good, I have the VE table dialed in, running ~28* timing at WOT, MAF table is almost dialed in (might finish that this weekend), the idle has been raised, and a few other small things (fan temps, deleted cats, no skip-shift, etc...). The 2 main things I need are to fine-tune teh A/F at WOT and the throttle cracker/follower (when slowing down sometimes, the rpm's hang at around 1200-1300 until I am at a complete stop). The car runs great though, I love this cam

EDIT: Forgot to add, I adjusted the throttle body screw and opened it up just a bit to get the cam to idle nicely @ 900 rpms.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:50 AM
TECH Junkie

I forgot to list some mods, I have a descreened maf too, an ASP pulley, all the valvetrain stuff to go with the cam, ls6 manifold (stock on 01), and I THINK that's it as far as engine mods go. (I'm not counting the nitrous because this is an all-motor tune)
Old 06-09-2005, 09:59 AM
ESR
LS1TECH Sponsor

hmm your going to mess with the maf tune? I would not think you need to much. The screen is only going to let in a little more volume of air if anything it should only need to be slightly tweaked. yeah your car is pretty much identical.

I forgot to list some mods, I have a descreened maf too, an ASP pulley, all the valvetrain stuff to go with the cam, ls6 manifold (stock on 01), and I THINK that's it as far as engine mods go. (I'm not counting the nitrous because this is an all-motor tune)
Old 06-09-2005, 10:45 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ESR
hmm your going to mess with the maf tune? I would not think you need to much. The screen is only going to let in a little more volume of air if anything it should only need to be slightly tweaked. yeah your car is pretty much identical.
I already have messed with it, it was pretty off after I got the VE table done. Using redhardsupra's spreadsheet got me pretty close though, it only needs some fine tuning.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:35 AM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Turo....How's the hot starting? Any surging? I've got mine pretty much dialed in other than that.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:39 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 1fastWS6
Turo....How's the hot starting? Any surging? I've got mine pretty much dialed in other than that.
Its tricky...As soon as I start it its fine. If I let it idle for about 20-30 seconds without moving the car or revving the engine, it runs like a chanp. If I move the car right away after starting, it surges for the next few minutes when stopped. I never could figure out how to fix it completely.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:47 AM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its tricky...As soon as I start it its fine. If I let it idle for about 20-30 seconds without moving the car or revving the engine, it runs like a chanp. If I move the car right away after starting, it surges for the next few minutes when stopped. I never could figure out how to fix it completely.
Pretty much the same as mine then. Basically, it's the worst when the car has partially cooled like after sitting for an hour or 3. Immediate hot starts are *usually* fine although not always. Its not predictable, which makes it hard to figure out where to go to try to fix it.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:43 PM
11 Second Club

Maybe if we all tweak it a little bit we can come up with a good tune
Old 06-09-2005, 01:22 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1fastWS6
Pretty much the same as mine then. Basically, it's the worst when the car has partially cooled like after sitting for an hour or 3. Immediate hot starts are *usually* fine although not always. Its not predictable, which makes it hard to figure out where to go to try to fix it.
Can you send me your .bin file? I have mods very close to yours, f13 and pp heads ect...

would like to look at both.

thanks
Old 06-12-2005, 11:15 PM
ESR
LS1TECH Sponsor

Default tune

Turo yeah I had the same results coming to a stop idleing a little high but it settles. Im not sure but you pe table is a little low be careful it was running low 14 on air/fuel. I dynoed it and readjusted the PE table and have the airfuel running between 12.5 to 13.3. I think on the top end I was running out of injector or pump not sure one of the two. I could not bring the AFR lower than 13.3. Well anyhow it did 394rwhp and 375 rwtq on a mustang dyno. Which is like a 12 % decrease from a dynojet give or take a few % so it def will pull over 420 on a dynojet. Anyhow if you care to get the file from me give me your email address. Once again nice work on the VE table and idle you saved me alot of time. Im sure my buddy appriciates it too.

Thanks

Eric

Search this Thread