Sponsored by:

Want to order HPTuners, got some questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 01:42 AM
High on diesel fumes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want to order HPTuners, got some questions

Originally Posted by thunder550
I am going to probably start by logging and letting pcmforless send me updates, then will eventually get into doing my own tuning with a wideband O2 and whatnot. I am planning on doing a 6.0 swap later this year and want to be able to do my own tuning by then. So...

Which package should I buy...which enhancements (1 bar/2 bar)?
I'm assuming my PCM will run the 6.0 with some tweaks, is this right?
Don't want to run duplicate threads, so reply here:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=340006

New to the tuning world, so any advice from you guys would be greatly appreciated, even though I'm a truck guy!

Thanks!
Old 06-21-2005, 06:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You probably want the 2 bar package. You could just buy the regular package and see if you're maxing your maf out first too though. The switch to 6.0L will not be a problem.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:37 AM
High on diesel fumes

So you don't have to buy the upgrade at the same time as the rest of the software?
Old 06-22-2005, 09:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Before you commit to HP Tuners, you might want to try l;ooking at EFILive's Flashscan.
Old 06-22-2005, 10:24 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thunder550
So you don't have to buy the upgrade at the same time as the rest of the software?
No, you can buy the regular software and they send you an installation cd. When you're ready to upgrade you paypal them and download the upgrade off the website. I'm not sure if there's a discount for buying it at the same time.
Old 06-22-2005, 01:48 PM
High on diesel fumes

I'll look into EFILive, just thought that more people have experience with hpt and I'm gonna need all the help I can get.
Old 06-22-2005, 02:20 PM
TECH Resident

HPTuners is a ripoff for 2 bar, Flashscan has free 2 bar! I have to tune 2 turbo cars. That makes HP cost $550 more the EFILIVE!! You can also tune any year! I like mine alot.
Old 06-22-2005, 07:34 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Our 2bar product is the only professional 2bar product available, period.

We have a true 2bar product that is more advanced than anything available and is also easier to install than any other 2bar package as well.

You pay for what you get. If you want a real 2 bar package that is easy to setup and easy to use, then I highly recomend using our 2 bar product.

You don't see our customers posting on here asking for help implementing their 2bar product from us either. Can't say the same about other 2bar products. Now, imagine if you're a first time tuner, obviously ease of use is very important.

- Keith, HP Tuners
Old 06-22-2005, 07:39 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Here is what a professional 2bar product can do:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...=338564&page=4

That is with HP Tuners 2bar Product.

- Keith, HP Tuners
Old 06-22-2005, 08:21 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Magnus
Our 2bar product is the only professional 2bar product available, period.

We have a true 2bar product that is more advanced than anything available and is also easier to install than any other 2bar package as well.
Steps are the same for both products. Both require flashing a custom OS. While minor details are being worked out customers get it for free to use NOW. Not 6 months later....

You pay for what you get. If you want a real 2 bar package that is easy to setup and easy to use, then I highly recomend using our 2 bar product.
A few more cells on the ve table is a far cry from professional. Both packages offer dual spark maps and 2 bar functionality. You are biased

You don't see our customers posting on here asking for help implementing their 2bar product from us either. Can't say the same about other 2bar products. Now, imagine if you're a first time tuner, obviously ease of use is very important.

- Keith, HP Tuners

All I hear you TRYING to say is blah blah blah my product is the best thing since sliced bread. Where is 2.0? How about that? Can we get a date as to when it is going to be released.

Oh and Welcome to 2003
Old 06-22-2005, 10:26 PM
TECH Addict

I'll just say this. I've seen posts like this before and I've also seen HPTuners post up that their product is the best, etc., etc. I'm only giving feedback here, but this was one of the reasons I bought EFI Live. The other was black box logging with FlashScan.