PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diablosport Predator DTC ?

Old 08-22-2005, 06:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diablosport Predator DTC ?

I purchased an '04 GTO and it came with a Diablosport tuner. The directions for use are rather vague.
When I run DTC all, I get no codes, but when I try the DTC not ran SCC(since code cleared) I get a list of 18 DTC's. Does this mean that these were past errors for the previous owner and he cleared them or are they still problems for my car? Would these errors show up when I DTC all if they were still present?
The car has lots of mods and I wonder if they are past codes that were resolved after the mods.

Also, when I go into options and goto car tune, it supposedly tells what the last tune written to the car was. Correct?
This car had a dyno tune according to records when all the engine mods were done. When I use the Predator to check the last tune, it says factory tune.
Anyway to find out if my current tune is different from factory. How would a dyno tune show up on the Predator? If my car actually has a dyno tune on it, can the parameters be saved in the predator?
Old 08-23-2005, 10:05 PM
Teching In

Hello,

Below is an exerpt from the manual regarding the DTC not ran feature:

NOTE: “DTC Not Ran SCC”: DTC Not Ran Since Code
Cleared. Because the PCM performs tests of modules
during driving cycles, some modules are not tested
at the time the “DTC All” command is performed.
This feature displays what modules where excluded
during the “DTC All” test. This information always
bases itself from last “Erase DTC’s” command
performed.

"Factory Tune" means that the car does not have the "Tuned" program in it. It has the factory original tune. If your Predator has a custom dyno tune it will present a "Custom Tune" option when you select "Tune It".

HTH,
Cal
Old 08-24-2005, 05:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have a Crame Cams Tuner and according to my instructions, you can only tune after you go back to factory settings. You can not tune with more than one tuner. Not the dyno tune and the Predator too. Also sounds like the codes were from prior problems.
The tuner is only good for one vehicle, it attaches itself to one VIN#.

Search this Thread