Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wideband gauge?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 02:32 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wideband gauge?

Are there better widebands out there then others? Also im getting an STS turbo and I wondering what gauges I need to get wideband I know for sure so I can do my own tuning and a boost gauge? is that all i really need? any others? recommendations?
Old 08-28-2005, 03:26 PM
Fiery Features Director

Originally Posted by ozzykicks2002
Are there better widebands out there then others? Also im getting an STS turbo and I wondering what gauges I need to get wideband I know for sure so I can do my own tuning and a boost gauge? is that all i really need? any others? recommendations?
I am using the AEM wideband. This uses a led bar to determine AFR from 11 to 17 in real time. Brand new these will run you close to $400. Innovate is also a popular brand with several kit options. You also have many options for boost guages. You could check out the Autometer series or you could go the digital route (I believe Tbyrne carries them). Otherwise, you could go with a boost controller such as the Turbosmart Electonic boost controller, Apexi, HKS, Greddy and so forth...
Old 08-28-2005, 05:07 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I would recommend the Innovate for a wideband. We have had the best luck with them. I would also go with a boost gauge and a fuel pressure gauge.
Here is our top selling wideband combo:

http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...?idproduct=149

Check out our site for other gauges!

dean
Old 08-29-2005, 01:23 PM
Launching!

And if I get the EFIlive tuner Ill be able to tune my own car?
Old 08-29-2005, 01:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^ yes, you can tune w/out the wideband but can't tune WOT accurately... the wideband will make Part throttle and WOT tuning easier and more accurate
Old 08-29-2005, 01:48 PM
Launching!

And for a wideband it really does not matter what one i get does it? LC-1 LM-1 AEM I dont know what one to get ah!!! any recommandation? if I was to get this
http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...?idproduct=148
would I still have to get a tuner?

Last edited by ozzykicks2002; 08-29-2005 at 01:57 PM.
Old 08-29-2005, 02:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

LM-1 = Innovate Motorsports, best model if you want to move it between cars... the main box receives power from the cig lighter in your car and it has an display on it (but it updates so fast not really useful)

LC-1 = Innovate Motorsports, Good for 1 car installs... uses the same sensor as the LM-1 (Bosch LSU4, same that volkswagon uses stock) hardwired into the car

the LM-1 has more capabilities for input, but if you are going to use a tuner suite with Input capabilities (like EFI live or HPT w/EIO) then you don't need the extra features of the LM-1

AEM i have no experience with but it seems to work for many

Dynojet also makes a complete kit... If money were no object I'd proabbly go with the dynojet, but if I were buying a new wideband right now.. i'd buy an LC-1 .. Most inexpensive wideband option out there

You'll need a tuner suite regardless... in order to be able to modify the PCM... the Aux Box is great if you want to log limited sensors... but EFI Live or HPT w/EIO are better options IMHO ... you can log the wideband along with any sensor the PCM monitors...
Old 08-29-2005, 02:21 PM
Launching!

So if you get the LC-1 you just need to get a gauge then? or it plugs into the tuner? Im only saying EFILive cause I heard thats a good tuner is HPtuner better?
Old 08-29-2005, 04:47 PM
Launching!

Ok I think I got it. . someone please correct me if im wrong. Im going to get the EFILive tuner so if I get the LC-1 it will go to a guage and into the PCM and then the EFILive tuner will read the PCM and the LC-1 right?
Old 08-29-2005, 04:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

you don't need the gauge.... the gauge is only if you want to have something to look at while driving ... but the LC1 plugs directly into the Tuning hardware

It's best to leave your stock front O2 sensors in place... then you can install the wideband O2 in one of your rear slots (i'm assuming you're not running CATs?), run the wire into the car, hookup the LC-1, one of the output wires of the LC-1 goes to the input of the tuning hardware
Old 08-29-2005, 05:00 PM
Launching!

I have factory exhaust still and with cats. . . is this a problem?
edit
Also I just wanna make sure that I get a good wideband, I dont wanna spent 200 bones and then have shitty tunes due to it. eventhough this is the cheepest wideband its a good one too? thats just seems rare to me lol
Old 12-19-2005, 09:20 PM
TECH Addict

The LC-1 comes with the bung and plug for it. You will need to get it welded ahead of your cats and the wideband screws into it just like another O2 sensor.

I have factory exhaust still and with cats. . . is this a problem?
edit
Also I just wanna make sure that I get a good wideband, I dont wanna spent 200 bones and then have shitty tunes due to it. eventhough this is the cheepest wideband its a good one too? thats just seems rare to me lol