PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ANyone with low imp injectors get there car to idle good?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 09:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ANyone with low imp injectors get there car to idle good?

My twin turbo ls1 runs 96 lb injectors with an acceleronics injector driver. The problem is rich idle. On my data log AFR map, anything below 1200 rpm between 50 and 75 kpa is anout 11-11.5:1 AFR. the next cells around this area are 13-14:1 afr. Why would just the area drop off so instantly from running correct to dead rich?

I have 96 lb injectors.
I changed my MIN pulse width setting to .75 ms. Idle is about 1.3-1.4 ms in this "rich" area.
I have lowered the ve map so far to try to lower idle AFR, that the VEnumbers ar e now into the teens(about 60% leaner then stock) Lowering VE seems to do absolutly nothing?
Old 10-06-2005, 01:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Try setting your Default injector pulsewidth to .75

You may also need to lower or erase your short pulse adder table.

if the VE table is correct this might help, be carefull since you may have over corrected it in the affected idle area.

Josh
Old 10-06-2005, 04:11 PM
TECH Resident

I lowered the minimum pulse width to 75 ms a couple days ago. It did nothing. Logging the PUlse width dat, I am idleing at about 1.3-1.4 ms even with the VE table turned down to almost nothing. I have since returned the VE table to "normal" values and raised the minumum pukse width back up a little to 1.00 ms. I might try to erase the short pulse adder table like you say, or else I was thinking about modifying the injector pulse current table someday when I get time. What a pain!
Old 10-07-2005, 01:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'd say its the default injector pulsewidth table as well as the short pulse adder

What software do you use, all three tables should be located next to eachther.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

I always recommend people just go with a Megasquirt PCM for the fuel since you can run low impedance injectors right off of the V3.0 board or with slight mods to the V2.2. The reason i suggest is because the V3.0 costs $189 and would give you better control over fueling at about the same price as that injector driver. Remember you can target an A/F ratio based off of the MAP sensor that's on the MS unit. There are 2 things to tap into from the stock PCM (tach and TPS) and you have to add CLT and IAT sensors for the MS. So that's 4 connections and you're on your way to controlling fuel just hook up your injectors, wideband, etc and you're all set.

I know this doesn't fix the problem at hand but will probably make your life easier as far as tuning is concerned.

Greg
Old 10-07-2005, 04:09 PM
TECH Resident

I will figure it out with time. Next time I work on it I should make some good ground. I run EFILIVE FLASHSCAN.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can adjust on the proportional fuel, you can also be running it where the pulse limit is so low it cannot dump less fuel in without shutting down. waht is your proportional fuel (in closed loop settings) set to now?
Old 10-08-2005, 02:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by nitrorocket
I will figure it out with time. Next time I work on it I should make some good ground. I run EFILIVE FLASHSCAN.
Let me know if you need any help, it shouldn't be a hard fix.