Sponsored by:

HELP! Granatelli MAF threw p0102

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 12:02 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! Granatelli MAF threw p0102

Guys I need help. I installed a Granatelli cold air MAF sensor
(part 350112-c) in my 2000 SS. I started it up and everything was fine. Drove it the store, about 3 mi., got my stuff came and started the car and the SES light came on. The guys at Auto Zone let me borrow the scanner and I got the code "P0102". The question is did I buy the wrong part, the car has SLP air box lid & K&N fliter, or do I just need to tune for the different air flow. I also installed a SLP smooth flow bellows at the same time. Any thoughts. Thanks, I know these MAf questions get old but I'm kinda new at mods.

PS: If this off topic for this forum let me know.
Old 11-13-2005, 12:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

P0102 Mass Air Flow Sensor Circuit Low Frequency

If you can return the GMS MAF ... that'd be a good idea (go back to your stocker) (same goes for the SLP z06/ls6 MAF .... 85mm into 78mm..... doesn't make sense to me.... and gas isn't like liquid so the velocity isn't increased

If not.... i'm not sure what each part number means regarding to how they (GMS) trick the PCM ....

but...

GMS-350112-Cc Granatelli Mass Airflow Sensor: 98-02 Chevrolet Camaro LS1; Black w/Cold Air Tuning
not sure what GMS considers cold air tuning... but yes... you bought the wrong calibration (MAF).....

Return it if you can... if not... go back to your stock MAF (stock MAF with screen is the best MAF you can get till 650hp or so)

Last edited by horist; 11-13-2005 at 12:13 AM.
Old 11-13-2005, 12:17 AM
Teching In

I still have the stock maf. I was having a problem with the stock one having a slight hesitation around 2,500-3,000 rpm. When I switched, that went away and the car seems to have a little more zip. Do you think the Granatelli is no good?
Thanks for your help Horist.
Old 11-13-2005, 12:27 AM
Teching In

Default tuner

Horist, a little off the original subject, but I have notice that you have good information, if you were to buy a hand held tuner what would be your choice?
thanks.
Old 11-13-2005, 12:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

#1 .... the code you're setting... the MAF is wrong

#2 .... using the MAF to change tuning was ok in 01 and before... but now it's pointless

#3 I have a GMS MAF that I bought in 2001 (we all live and learn) that I've used as a paperweight for the past 3 years

#4 .... the Stock MAF is awesome (GM did their homework with it)

#5 .... I'd rather be helping with your 2500-3000 hesitation problem than your problem w/an aftermarket MAF ... especially since there are tons of different ones availible now (when I bought my useless GMS MAF there was only 1 to choose from ... now it seems they have a different MAF for everything... unfortuanetly they don't specify what changes are required (on a technical level) to run the speciic maf)

in conclusion .... go back to your stocker MAF ... lets fix that.... return or sell your GMS crap
Old 11-13-2005, 12:33 AM
Teching In

Thanks man, LOL, ok tomorrow I'm putting the stocker back on, but your gotta help with the hesitation!!
Old 11-13-2005, 12:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SS44JS
Horist, a little off the original subject, but I have notice that you have good information, if you were to buy a hand held tuner what would be your choice?
thanks.

i've used full tuner swuites since late 2001 .... (ls1edit and now HP Tuners) .... I can only offer personal advice on handhelds I've used....

HPP3 is CRAP.....

If I were to buy a handheld right now.... it'd be between the predator and the vinci (crane) handhelds......

last I heard the vinci couldn't adjust shift points (critical for autos) .... so that and that alone puts them behind predator to me..... (if i'm wrong... please correct me... and please keep me up to date ....)

regardless though.... I waould never buy a handheld again (at this time)..... full tuner suites are the best right now
Old 11-13-2005, 12:53 AM
Teching In

thanks again. I can't afford a suite right now, that's why I'm looking at a hand held and I just don't know enough about tuning yet. I think if I start small I can work my way up.

PS If your looking for a GMS Maf, check ebay in the next few days
Old 11-13-2005, 11:32 AM
TECH Addict

MAF ends and custom tuning are the best.
Old 11-13-2005, 03:39 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by horist
If I were to buy a handheld right now.... it'd be between the predator and the vinci (crane) handhelds......

last I heard the vinci couldn't adjust shift points (critical for autos) .... so that and that alone puts them behind predator to me..... (if i'm wrong... please correct me... and please keep me up to date ....)
if you are talking about for each individual gear, no. there is a section called shift performance. this raises the shift point 300 rpm over stock settings. this is for all gears.