Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone figured out how to get HPT2.0 to 2 step a M/T

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 04:33 PM
7 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Has anyone figured out how to get HPT2.0 to 2 step a M/T

Topic says it all, has anyone figured out how to setup the programming to have a 2 step on a M/T car?
Phil
Old 11-22-2005, 10:16 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

YES

set your P/N rev limiters to what ever RPM you want it to be...and then go into your tabel for limiter vs gear and do the same thing for P/N in there too

its not great because the dam Factory software is just too slow about th eway it processes it... but it works... and does great at part throttle and then hammer into full throttle as you launch...it mediocre if you push it for a WOT launch...
Old 11-23-2005, 07:05 PM
24v
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by soundengineer
YES

set your P/N rev limiters to what ever RPM you want it to be...and then go into your tabel for limiter vs gear and do the same thing for P/N in there too

its not great because the dam Factory software is just too slow about th eway it processes it... but it works... and does great at part throttle and then hammer into full throttle as you launch...it mediocre if you push it for a WOT launch...
How do you do this with an a4?
Old 11-23-2005, 07:34 PM
FormerVendor

Did they change something in 2.0 because I remember this didnt work on the 8 cylinder car but it worked on the 6's. Can this also be done with 1.7
Old 11-23-2005, 08:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It can be done on any version of HP Tuners. Hovever the pcm is so slow its not the greatest limiter in the world. Also the clutch has to be all the way up to disable the p/n limiter. When shifting the pcm will also reference the neutral limiter which can be annoying.
Old 11-24-2005, 02:45 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by 24v
How do you do this with an a4?

same way
Old 11-24-2005, 02:48 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by HumpinSS
Did they change something in 2.0 because I remember this didnt work on the 8 cylinder car but it worked on the 6's. Can this also be done with 1.7

works fine on an 8 cylinder...doing it on mine....
just a matter of having the right tables set to what you want as a limiter...

and its not the greatest...kind of sucky...but it does the job for a soft launch..or for keeping dealers from reving it up to dump the clutch to see what your beast will do..

and it works best at a part throttle condition...not so hot with a WOT pedal on the floor response
Old 11-24-2005, 06:00 AM
24v
11 Second Club

same way
Excuse my ignorance, but how can that work, when I launch the car in 3rd? With an auto, would it not refer to the limiter table of the gear it is in? I would think on the m6, the clutch pushed in is giving the computer the p/n signal. How would this happen with my a4?
Old 11-24-2005, 08:14 AM
8 Second Club

you would needto launch with selector in neural and push it into gear to get the 2 step in an auto...
and launching in 3rd...is not launching in 3rd in an auto.... if the selector is in 3rd you are still in 1st at launch......it just wont allow it to go past 3rd gear with the selector in 3rd
Old 11-24-2005, 11:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

you would needto launch with selector in neural and push it into gear to get the 2 step in an auto...
and launching in 3rd...is not launching in 3rd in an auto.... if the selector is in 3rd you are still in 1st at launch......it just wont allow it to go past 3rd gear with the selector in 3rd
I wouldn't want to neutral drop a 4L60E

For TH400 and 350 transmissions with a Tbrake wire in the park/neutral wire to your Tbrake setup. Activating the Tbrake on the line will also reference the rpm you have neutral set at.
Old 11-24-2005, 12:43 PM
On The Tree

Question

Would this work with LS1edit also?
Old 11-25-2005, 09:34 AM
8 Second Club

should work in ls1 edit as long as you can access those tables
Old 11-25-2005, 09:39 AM
24v
11 Second Club

I understand the car does not launch in 3rd. I was just reffering to selector position to avoid confusion. There is no way I would go from neutral to 3rd at the strip. Sounds like scattered parts waiting to happen. I was thinking about making up a 2 step setup, but wanted to see if there was a way to do it with software as opposed to relays and switches. Here is what I have come up with so far.
Find p/n indicator wire coming from trans or shifter. Hook that wire to two switches. A wot switch under the brake pedal, and an arm switch on the console or something. Do your burnout, and pull up. Flip the arm switch. Once you depress the brake pedal the car thinks it is park/neutral because the wot switch is depressed under the pedal. As soon as you let off the brake, the computer thinks the car is in gear, and you have your normal rev limiter. Anyone know if something like this may work? I realize it may be pointless in an auto, but I think it would at least help with consistency. There would no longer be that margin of time from pushing the gas pedal down as it would already be there when you launch.
Old 11-25-2005, 10:04 AM
8 Second Club

you are doing the same thing as launching in neutral that way....
all you are doing is outting the shifter in control of a switch instead of at your hands...no dfference than what I stated.....
Old 11-25-2005, 10:16 AM
24v
11 Second Club

you are doing the same thing as launching in neutral that way....
all you are doing is outting the shifter in control of a switch instead of at your hands...no dfference than what I stated.....
So, the wire that tells the computer that the shiter in in p/n also controls what gear the tranny is in? How could that be? If that were the case, why does the shifter (physically) even go to the tranny?
Old 11-25-2005, 04:26 PM
On The Tree

Question

YES

This method is not working on my 2001 Z with LS1edit, car rev limits in gear while driving at rpm i set for P/N rev. limit and in gear p/n. What gives? how do i get it to work with Edit?
Old 11-25-2005, 07:48 PM
8 Second Club

Its should work fine....
just the P/N cutoff and resume in teh main page and then the cutoff rpm vs gear table the p/n only...

I drive an M6...and I have a buddy with an A4...I told him to do exacty this..and he says it works for him...so I am not sure why its not happy on your car.
Old 11-25-2005, 08:16 PM
On The Tree

Its should work fine....
just the P/N cutoff and resume in teh main page and then the cutoff rpm vs gear table the p/n only...

I drive an M6...and I have a buddy with an A4...I told him to do exacty this..and he says it works for him...so I am not sure why its not happy on your car.
You left out setting resume rpm in rpm vs gear table, did you mean to? Is that the trick to this? My prob is limiter comes on in gear while accellerating at low limit setting